Need some new lights

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Well i finally got a paycheck so i am going to get some stuff for my stang. I am wanting to fix the lights. The taillight bezel is broken on both of the taillights and the headlights has a piece on the edge busted off in it and they do not all match ( i think the po left one of the stock lights on it for some reason while changing the rest). The taillight bezels for the 94-95 are not removable right? So i need a whole new housing. On ebay i saw a set of stock 94-95 taillights with a chrome bezel. My car is deep forest green so i dont think the chrome would look good what do you think? I was thinking of getting them and painting them deep forest green. They are much cheaper than anywhere else that is why i thought of getting them. If i end up getting all new taillights i think i will get the 96-98 style (i actually like the 94-95 a little better), and getting a sequential taillight kit because i love them and i saw a good place to get them on here i think it was (meterit or some shit like that). I also want to get smoked headlights/corners/fogs. I have a cobra bumper/fogs already. Where is a good place to get them as there seem to be quite a few different ones out there. I am also getting a fiore micro-click adjuster and quadrant kit with a new stock cable and hoping it will fix tranny problem or i will be pulling it and rebuilding my t5 :nonono: . I figure i need to give it some treats since it "caught" a bird :hammer:

Spyder

Reaction score
Well, my opinion, especially on lights or any other part for that matter is you get what you pay for. I wouldnt get the chrome tail lights if you plan on painting them. If you like the sequential lights and the looks of the light, get em. As far as headlights, i think i good smoked or blackhousing (like mine) would look awesome on the dfg stang. The ones i have a pretty good quality, not too bad, only issue is the black rubber edge on the fender side of the corners needed some trimming and fitting. I personally think that headlights will dramatically change the looks of your front end.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Well..if you cant think of anything else performance wise you can get for your car, go ahead. I would personally just get aftermarket OEM tails and tint them. as for the smoked fronts get em, cause ive been wondering what mine will looks like with em haha

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
well i would rather put the money towards a afm pms, heads etc but the taillight bezels are busted and missing pieces and it kind of looks shitty, and the same with the headlight one has a piece of the bottom missing and they are faded while the corners are still good. So i figured id get some smoked headlights and get 96-98 taillights with a sequential kit cuz that would be unique as no one near me has em. i may take some vht nightshades to the new tails not sure yet... ill test them on my old ones first and see. i am going to get the fiore micro-click adjuster and quadrant kit and if that doesnt fix my tranny problems (which it pry wont :'() then i will be getting a rebuild kit and a few tools also going to get a hood liner/blanket as my car doesnt have one and under the hood looks shitty. anyone know where to find them at? ive been looking but no luck so far

jimgt95

Reaction score
I have the KSR smoked headlight assemblies. I think they look awesome. I got them from UPR products. I just had my stock 95 taillight bezels painted to match my steeda wing end plates (flat black). The shop I had do the work told me the 94-95 taillights are no longer in production and that if I would have to go junk yarding if I ever wanted to replace one. Just food for thought. I don't know how accurate that info is though.

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
im pretty sure you can still get 94-95 stock taillights. i would about guarantee that i saw them.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
you gotta still rep the 5.hoes now. i think it would look pretty sweet to do those sequential ligts in our lights..never seen it done

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
ya it would be interesting to see but ya it has never been done. i am actually leaning towards stock tail lights now. Wish you could just get a bezel instead of having to buy a whole new light :lame:

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Well i got smoked cobra headlights from upr (i think that is what i finally decided on) last night after HOURS of staring at headlights. God damn i couldnt decide i honestly looked for hours at them :-\ . i narrowed it down to the ones from upr that i got and blue oval industries. Also got fiore micro click adjuster, new stock cable, new billet headlight knob and door locks. Going to get some stock 94-95 tails off ebay. Any idea on how much its going to cost for a painter to paint em? how about the mirrors too? Well i suppose i should go to work to put some more money back in the mustang fund

hissedoff

Reaction score
I replaced my headlights and fogs on my Cobra with Ultra Clears from Age Classic Design. I saw their ads in one of the Mustang mags. They have standard and smoked versions as well, and their prices were better than anyone elses. The lights were KSR's just like UPR sells, plus their customer service was great. One of the foglights had a bad casting which prevented the bulbs from seating properly against the housing. I called them and they sent out replacements no questions asked.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
why not just paint the tails flat black like the saleens?

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
well i spent all those hours last night looking and made a decision and then i get a call today saying they are out :'( . anywhere else to get the same exact ones at? maybe i should go with blueovalindustries here are the upr's
9498clbh_lrg.gif
here are blue ovals
26_215736S.jpg
What do you guys think? other suggestions? Its kind of hard to tell with the different angles. It seems the blueovalindustries that they have on the white stang from the front they dont look as "clear" as the uprs... i like these upr's alot but obviously wont work lol they are close to blueoval's but dont seem as "clear" maybe its just me or the angle :-\
6501-1_lrg.gif
ill do some more looking while waiting for feedback :help2:

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
about painting the tails flat black like saleens do you think it would look good with my dfg stang. I was wondering if it would seem i was too cheap to paint them since nothing else is black... maybe if i tint them that would look better. What do ya think? those look good on your car thats for sure... i like the look of the lens compared to blueoval's but maybe is just the different angles of the lights
frontofcar.jpg

Those are pry the closest to the newer model ones from upr. i think i still like the amber corners compared to the clear cornors on deep forest green. now if it was white id definately go clear 50resto has some smoke ultra clear lights that i think are similar to upr. they are also 40 more of course. they also just have a smoked one.

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
mustangtuning has a good selection of lights thats where i got my crystal headlights/corners/fogs and i love em. im lookin for a set of 96-98 taillights though cuz i think they look better...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online