needing some help

snwill95

Reaction score
hey folks my names will and i drive a 95 boss im having some trouble with my setup tho
i have a 75mm bbk throtle body with a edelbrock performer 2 upper an lower intake i just put tfs 170 heads with the upgraded springs new push rods 6.70 proform 6.5 rockers and i cant seem to get it to run

any help is grately appreciated

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Was it previously running and then stopped?

Does the engine turn over and does it try to start at all?

OP
OP
snwill95

snwill95

Reaction score
It was running before I bent a pushrod then the new heads were ordered I had it running on Saturday but it was popping real bad out of the intake I unplugged the maf an she ran grate until I tried to drive it then it was bogging out bad I don’t know whatever goin on with it

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Have you double checked the spark plug wire order in the dizzy??? And then have you verified the timing isn’t way out of wack????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
snwill95

snwill95

Reaction score
ya we checked all the timing marks and made sure to put everything back as for the wires i have it set up with the 302 ho order

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ya we checked all the timing marks and made sure to put everything back as for the wires i have it set up with the 302 ho order

Dizzy could still be off. Sometimes when stabbing it down in the gear moves and isn’t set right. It’s worth checking to see if your starting the dizzy and true tdc then set it back 10 degrees.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Dizzy could still be off. Sometimes when stabbing it down in the gear moves and isn’t set right. It’s worth checking to see if your starting the dizzy and true tdc then set it back 10 degrees.

Yup. I’d roll the engine until the #1 piston is at TDC (compression stroke) and make sure rotor is pointing at #1 on the distributor.

upload_2020-6-8_22-24-2.jpeg

Werecow

Reaction score
I always like to get a sharpie and mark the rotation direction on the dizzy, and I use a piece of masking tape to mark down the firing order. If you're using the Ford plug wires they have the cylinder number on them, but if you ever make your own I like to get a set of heat shrink numbers so you have each one numbered for each cylinder. But that's just my $0.02 worth....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online