new here to the group an need wisdom

snwill95

Reaction score
hey folks my names will and i drive a 95 boss im having some trouble with my setup tho
i have a 75mm bbk throtle body with a edelbrock performer 2 upper an lower intake i just put tfs 170 heads with the upgraded springs new push rods 6.70 proform 6.5 rockers and i cant seem to get it to run

any help is grately appreciated

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Welcome. Why don’t you start a new thread in the 5.0 specific section and we’ll help dig into this with you.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome and we’ll help as much as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Won’t run? Huh. Weird. Is there gas in it? Did you hook those battery back up?LOL
Sorry, couldn’t help myself; had to add a little levity

Anyway... I’m a relative newbie here, too and have been the author of some pretty ridiculous threads because honestly, I know so little about these cars. But I figure if you don’t ask, you don’t learn so I just lay it all out there.

One thing I can attest to is the level of quality help you’ll receive from the people on this forum. They have completely helped my in a number of ways already. Good bunch of people here! So helpful and understanding. Welcome aboard!

doggiedoc

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums
And don't forget to send in some pics
I’m pretty sure it’s somewhere in the rules: you have to post lots of pictures of your ride or you’ll get banned. LOL. Oh and welcome!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if your still running the stock tune, the ecu doesn't like changes to the head and it will probably need to be tuned.

OP
OP
snwill95

snwill95

Reaction score
Yep I just figured that one out last weekend lol I just ordered a mspnp2 it should be here next week then I’ll get you guys some vids of the first start (if I can figure out how to load vids)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yep I just figured that one out last weekend lol I just ordered a mspnp2 it should be here next week then I’ll get you guys some vids of the first start (if I can figure out how to load vids)
maybe its a silly question but I have to ask it - if you are unsure about how to upload a video are you sure tuning it yourself is the way you want to go?

OP
OP
snwill95

snwill95

Reaction score
maybe its a silly question but I have to ask it - if you are unsure about how to upload a video are you sure tuning it yourself is the way you want to go?

Absolutely not lol but I don’t have any other options I’ve spent my entire budget already

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Absolutely not lol but I don’t have any other options I’ve spent my entire budget already
Honestly if it isn't something you know you want or really more importantly need I would look into getting it towed into bowling green to see what tuning options are available there. I know it says "plug and play" and probably something about "downloadable base tunes to get you started" or something to make it sound like a 1 or 2 hour job but it will not be. There will be a learning curve with the software and you will need to make changes to it and understand what your doing, learning curve with the tuning in general or else your just going to end up towing it into town with the new ecu.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Not many choices in bg. Kings is relatively new there and they’re mostly diesel guys. They claim to tune coyotes as well but after talking to them once I just didn’t feel like they were really Ford tuners as much as big diesel fans and that seems to be where their knowledge really shows.

Do you have access to a truck and trailer to be able to haul your car somewhere??

OP
OP
snwill95

snwill95

Reaction score
No that one of my issues at the moment my car is in Ohio at my brothers I had to rent a truck and trailer to get it up to him next weekend I was planning to go up to put the new computer in it an hopefully try an get it tuned enough I can drive it home

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
sounds like you could make a trip through louisville for tuning unless you are really dedicated to doing it yourself. As long as you understand the basics of tuning and are willing to learn the software it can make things easier but if your like me and pretty new to the whole idea I would honestly give some thought to taking it to a pro. They do an AMAZING job at making it sound like its so easy everyone should be doing it but there are more than a few of us that should leave it to the pros.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No that one of my issues at the moment my car is in Ohio at my brothers I had to rent a truck and trailer to get it up to him next weekend I was planning to go up to put the new computer in it an hopefully try an get it tuned enough I can drive it home

Look up Blankenship Tuning in shelbyville. Explain to him the situation and see if he can get you on schedule for when you’ll be rolling through Louisville. If so he’s your best bet. Lee is the best around these states that you’ll find for tuning on mustangs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online