New adventure

Nitrobob41

Reaction score
Just purchased a 85,000 mile 95 GT convertible. This in my 10th Mustang in 30 years and my 3rd Sn95. My plan is to drive it on the 2024 Hot Rod Power Tour. In the week I've own the car I have replaced the tri-bar rims with a set of 18 inch SVT 7 spoke wrapped in Continental performance tires and installed a Mangaflow exhaust. The styling bar has always been something I put on my convertibles. Have ordered tubular rear arms, front K member and front arms. Going to upgrade the cooling system (Tucson 110 degree summers) and possibly a motor upgrade with at the time and unknown power add. Looking forward to this new adventure

Attachments

• IMG_20230922_122636008_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230922_122636008_HDR.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20230922_122607050_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230922_122607050_HDR.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20230924_065915620_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230924_065915620_HDR.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 15

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to The Forum! Very nice looking car. Great upgrade on the tires & wheels. Ties into the color scheme nicely.

You’re gonna have a blast on The Power Tour. From what I’ve heard, a definite Bucket List item. You’ll have to keep us updated on that with pics and commentary!

What are your plans for the motor? It sounds like such a low-mileage car shouldn’t take much.

Cheers and welcome again!

OP
OP
Nitrobob41

Nitrobob41

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the welcome. Its been a while since I have worked on a 5.0. The last one was a 92 LSC black SE that I installed a 5 speed and vortex on in the early 2000's. My last few Mustangs have been 4.6 and the motors did not required and mods. But building a car for power tour requires a little extra. I have done the Power Tour many times, mostly when I lived in Detroit. But now I live in Tucson making it a 5600+ mile trip (last year). Last year I built a 2019 Chrysler 300 with a transplanted 392 from a wrecked scat pack. It did nice on the drag strip but no so good in the cones in the road course. I think this Mustang will perform well in both

Attachments

• PXL_20230616_174531660.jpg
    PXL_20230616_174531660.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20230613_190644414.jpg
    PXL_20230613_190644414.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 8

badass98svt

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the welcome. Its been a while since I have worked on a 5.0. The last one was a 92 LSC black SE that I installed a 5 speed and vortex on in the early 2000's. My last few Mustangs have been 4.6 and the motors did not required and mods. But building a car for power tour requires a little extra. I have done the Power Tour many times, mostly when I lived in Detroit. But now I live in Tucson making it a 5600+ mile trip (last year). Last year I built a 2019 Chrysler 300 with a transplanted 392 from a wrecked scat pack. It did nice on the drag strip but no so good in the cones in the road course. I think this Mustang will perform well in both

Very cool. Any pics of the LSC? I always loved those cars. My day had one back in the 90s too

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Aye a fellow HRPT guy!

I should have my 94 Cobra on it next year - procrastination led to me not touching it, so I ended up long hauling my mom's Maverick instead.

Welcome to the forums!

IMG_4121.jpeg

Lee2

Reaction score
Just purchased a 85,000 mile 95 GT convertible. This in my 10th Mustang in 30 years and my 3rd Sn95. My plan is to drive it on the 2024 Hot Rod Power Tour. In the week I've own the car I have replaced the tri-bar rims with a set of 18 inch SVT 7 spoke wrapped in Continental performance tires and installed a Mangaflow exhaust. The styling bar has always been something I put on my convertibles. Have ordered tubular rear arms, front K member and front arms. Going to upgrade the cooling system (Tucson 110 degree summers) and possibly a motor upgrade with at the time and unknown power add. Looking forward to this new adventure
Wow looks awesome
Congratulations

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Aye a fellow HRPT guy!

I should have my 94 Cobra on it next year - procrastination led to me not touching it, so I ended up long hauling my mom's Maverick instead.

Welcome to the forums!

View attachment 28781
Right on, Mom! You go, girl! That’s definitely the best looking Maverick I’ve ever seen. The color, those wheels… Yep! My buddy and I each went online to build and order ours at 3 different dealership websites. Neither of us ever got a call or anything. And when we’d go on a Ford dealership lot to check out whatever they happened to have, the mark-up was so ridiculous we’d just walk away. One place exactly DOUBLED the price. We asked why? Because someone will buy it, they said. Cocky bastards we said as we walked off.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nitrobob41

Nitrobob41

Reaction score
Right on, Mom! You go, girl! That’s definitely the best looking Maverick I’ve ever seen. The color, those wheels… Yep! My undying and I each went online to build and order ours at 3 different dealership websites. Neither of us ever got a call or anything. And when we’d go on a Ford dealership lot to check out whatever they happened to have, the mark-up was so ridiculous we’d just walk away. One place exactly DOUBLED the price. We asked why? Because someone will buy it, they said. Cocky bastards we said as we walked off.
I saw your Maverick on Power Tour it's very distinctive and stood out. I work US Customs at the Mexican border in Arizona. I saw the Mavericks crossing enclosed in trailers heading towards Detroit for about 6 months prior to the introduction. I also saw them running around the streets of Detroit in camouflage wraps when I went home to visit my daughter. On day one I place my order on the Ford website paid my deposit and after 6 months of waiting I went to the local dealership to find out where my vehicle was. The salesman said since I had ordered a hybrid it was not in production yet. I then informed him that I work at the cargo facility/rail yard and one of my daily inspections is the multiple car haulers (20-30 a day ) and the 50+rail cars full of Mavericks and Broncos Sports everyday. The hybrids have been in production and crossing the border for over a month when I visited the dealership. He finally admitted that they had failed to order my vehicle and would not honor my original purchase price for the vehicle. They now wanted an extra $5,000 for the same vehicle. I told him no thanks and walked out of there with my deposit in hand

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I saw your Maverick on Power Tour it's very distinctive and stood out. I work US Customs at the Mexican border in Arizona. I saw the Mavericks crossing enclosed in trailers heading towards Detroit for about 6 months prior to the introduction. I also saw them running around the streets of Detroit in camouflage wraps when I went home to visit my daughter. On day one I place my order on the Ford website paid my deposit and after 6 months of waiting I went to the local dealership to find out where my vehicle was. The salesman said since I had ordered a hybrid it was not in production yet. I then informed him that I work at the cargo facility/rail yard and one of my daily inspections is the multiple car haulers (20-30 a day ) and the 50+rail cars full of Mavericks and Broncos Sports everyday. The hybrids have been in production and crossing the border for over a month when I visited the dealership. He finally admitted that they had failed to order my vehicle and would not honor my original purchase price for the vehicle. They now wanted an extra $5,000 for the same vehicle. I told him no thanks and walked out of there with my deposit in hand

We got lucky getting this one.

She had just about made up her mind on what options she wanted to order and then they closed orders, but luckily, watching FB Marketplace, the dealer the next town over had this one posted before it ever arrived - they ordered it for a customer and they backed out of the deal. We paid $500 to put our name on it, and that was all we had to pay over sticker. Not quite everything my mom wanted, but the biggies - Ecoboost and Lariat were there so she was happy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.