NEW EDG's Pro Street 2002 GT

OP
OP
NEW EDG

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious, how much ceiling height is required for that setup?
This particular lift is 12'6" tall. Bendpak and other brands make shorter lifts as well. I wanted the tallest I could get because I'm 6'4" so when I built the house I made sure I had a 16 foot ceiling so I wasn't limited. This lift has a 74" rise so I'll have to spread my legs a little to make myself shorter, but not too bad. The kicker with Bendpak is you need access to the top of the lift for install and maintenance so you need at least a couple feet above the lift to be comfortable if not more. I know other brands like Rotary do not have this issue and you can pretty much snug them up to the ceiling. It all depends on how they are designed. I went with the Bendpak because it was about $2,200 cheaper than the rotary. Rotary had a 15% Steel tariff and $700 shipping charge. Bendpak had no tariff and free shipping.

Last edited:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
If it were me I would get an extra set of those eye-sensors they use to protect kids at the bottom and set them up to make the door stop if the car is raised.

OP
OP
NEW EDG

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If it were me I would get an extra set of those eye-sensors they use to protect kids at the bottom and set them up to make the door stop if the car is raised.
It looks like it in the pic but that's not the same bay. That's the bay the Corvette is in. The bay the lift is in the door goes straight up. Doesn't wrap at all. You can see the door in this pic pre lift.

IMG_20211229_111430.jpg

Snorky

Reaction score
This thread is making me love zinc yellow

OP
OP
NEW EDG

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Quick update, LMR 31 Spline kit came in with an SCT X4 to update the gears. Put the SCT X4 to use already. Car seemed to be getting a little hot after WOT pulls and I saw that the fans were set to run at 212* for low speed so I brought that down to 200* and set High speed at 210* and it seemed to do the trick. Didn't see the temperature needle move at all. I also diasabled traction control and added the SCT 93 Octane tune which probably have me the best seat of the pants feel of anything I have done thus far. That was surprising to me since I didn't think it would do much and it seemed to feel a lot smoother as well. Took a 2 hour drive up to Summit Point Motorsports Park in West Virginia and back and loved every second of it.

The one question I had is what do people recommend as a rev limiter on a bolt on car? The stock limiter was set to 6050 and I bumped it up to 6350. The car seemed to pull hard to just over 6k today so I'm thinking that's about where I want to shift and either leave the limiter at 6350 or come down to 6250. Does this sound right? Current Mods are Accufab Plenum & 70mm TB, JLT Fenderwell CAI & Oil Separator & Flowmaster Catback.

Other than that Stifflers Fit System Sub Frames get welded on March 7th and after that she'll be stuck up on the lift for a while while I install the LMR 31 Spline kit w/ 3.73s and Baer Pro+ 6 Piston 13" brakes at all four corners. Still have the SRP Racing Pedals I have to get to as well. Lots of work to do but it's coming together well.

Snorky

Reaction score
I would probably leave it where it is.. i dont think you are gaining anything by bumping it up yoo high. You will like the stifflers fit system, my buddy has that and its great. I have the kenny brown xtreme matrix kit. Very similar and the jacking rails are so nice for jackstand work. Would totally get either again.

OP
OP
NEW EDG

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I would probably leave it where it is.. i dont think you are gaining anything by bumping it up yoo high. You will like the stifflers fit system, my buddy has that and its great. I have the kenny brown xtreme matrix kit. Very similar and the jacking rails are so nice for jackstand work. Would totally get either again.
Yeah seemed like the Stiflers was just a newer version of the Kenny Brown kit. Definitely excited about it. Will get some pics once it's all done.

Snorky

Reaction score
Yeah seemed like the Stiflers was just a newer version of the Kenny Brown kit. Definitely excited about it. Will get some pics once it's all done.
Newer, stronger, more robust design.

OP
OP
NEW EDG

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of welding but well worth it. My vert pulls three wheels off the ground when jacking. Heres the entire stifflers catalog under my car.View attachment 15540
Looks good, I will probably do more Stifflers stuff as well. Just have some other suspension work I want to get done first.

OP
OP
NEW EDG

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Got the Stifflers Fit System/Sub Frames welded on today. You never realize how much chassis flex these cars have until you drive the car back to back without and with sub frames. Car doesn't get nearly as unsettled over bumps and feels much more stable in the turns. Gave me a bit of a wrinkle to deal with trying to get it even on the lift again, but we're back in business. Just waiting on a drain can and a couple jiggle jacks from Bendpak so I can start the rear end and brack project.

PXL_20220311_030037641.MP.jpg
PXL_20220311_030048801.MP.jpg
PXL_20220311_030116149.MP.jpgPXL_20220311_030123549.MP.jpg

OP
OP
NEW EDG

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Realized I haven't been doing a great job updating here. The rear end has been done for a while. I went with 3.73's a Ford Racing Girdle, 31 spline axles and an 04 Cobra diff. Did the 13" Baer Pro+ 6 Piston Brakes at the same time and swapped out all the fluid to DOT4.

PXL_20220517_013944520.jpg

PXL_20220516_231602968.MP.jpg

After that the car stayed idle for a bit because my second son was born but we're back at it now. Was able to knock out the front brakes and added some Apex EC 7 wheels with Yokohama 275/40/18's.

PXL_20221129_235600194.MP.jpg

Hindsight 20/20 I should've got the 14" rotors. It's and easy switch that I will make next time I need Rotors.

My winter project this year is to get the suspension mostly taken care of. Seeing how little time I have now that I'm a father of two I have backed off considerably about what I want out of this car. Originally I wanted a car that was at homeon an Open Track, AutoX and at the Strip. Now I realize I don't have time for any of that and just want a nice street car with great ride quality. All I use this far for is back road cruising and a lot of cars and coffee trips. My 2 year old loves this car and I take him with me in it as much as possible. He gets up ass crack early to go to Cars and Coffee with me every weekend and absolutely loves it. Just made a big suspension order today as follows:

Eibach Pro Kit

Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts

Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, Poly Isolators, Front Spring Tool, Pinion Snubber, Poly Rack and Sway Bar Bushings & End Links, Bumpsteer Kit, Bumpsteer Guage, UCAs and Differential Bushings w/ tool.

Steeda Adjustable Rear Sway Bar

J&M Street LCAs

BMR Tubular A-Arms w/ Spring Pockets, Poly Bushings and Tall Ball Joints.

Stifflers K-Member Brace

Mix all that in with my yet to be installed Bassani X-Pipe and SRP pedal kit and I'll be busy for a while. Will add Koni STR.T Quad Shocks back in if I'm getting any wheel hop and plan on adding a Panhard Bar at a later date. Will do a Solid Steering Shaft when I install headers and a strut tower brace once I get a new hood to accommodate it. Things are coming together, just slowly.

Snorky

Reaction score
Realized I haven't been doing a great job updating here. The rear end has been done for a while. I went with 3.73's a Ford Racing Girdle, 31 spline axles and an 04 Cobra diff. Did the 13" Baer Pro+ 6 Piston Brakes at the same time and swapped out all the fluid to DOT4.

View attachment 22106

View attachment 22107

After that the car stayed idle for a bit because my second son was born but we're back at it now. Was able to knock out the front brakes and added some Apex EC 7 wheels with Yokohama 275/40/18's.

View attachment 22108

Hindsight 20/20 I should've got the 14" rotors. It's and easy switch that I will make next time I need Rotors.

My winter project this year is to get the suspension mostly taken care of. Seeing how little time I have now that I'm a father of two I have backed off considerably about what I want out of this car. Originally I wanted a car that was at homeon an Open Track, AutoX and at the Strip. Now I realize I don't have time for any of that and just want a nice street car with great ride quality. All I use this far for is back road cruising and a lot of cars and coffee trips. My 2 year old loves this car and I take him with me in it as much as possible. He gets up ass crack early to go to Cars and Coffee with me every weekend and absolutely loves it. Just made a big suspension order today as follows:

Eibach Pro Kit

Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts

Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, Poly Isolators, Front Spring Tool, Pinion Snubber, Poly Rack and Sway Bar Bushings & End Links, Bumpsteer Kit, Bumpsteer Guage, UCAs and Differential Bushings w/ tool.

Steeda Adjustable Rear Sway Bar

J&M Street LCAs

BMR Tubular A-Arms w/ Spring Pockets, Poly Bushings and Tall Ball Joints.

Stifflers K-Member Brace

Mix all that in with my yet to be installed Bassani X-Pipe and SRP pedal kit and I'll be busy for a while. Will add Koni STR.T Quad Shocks back in if I'm getting any wheel hop and plan on adding a Panhard Bar at a later date. Will do a Solid Steering Shaft when I install headers and a strut tower brace once I get a new hood to accommodate it. Things are coming together, just slowly.

You will love the ride quality on the profit. Doesn't look cool like the H&R SS or sport line kits but damn does it ride smooth. Let me know how you like the bmr spring pocket setups. Strongly considering the K and spring pocket a arms.

OP
OP
NEW EDG

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You will love the ride quality on the profit. Doesn't look cool like the H&R SS or sport line kits but damn does it ride smooth. Let me know how you like the bmr spring pocket setups. Strongly considering the K and spring pocket a arms.
Yeah I've had an Eibach Sportline/KYB AGX setup on an F Body way back when and I absolutely hated that setup. Ride quality was horrible so I knew not to make that mistake again.

I was going to just put new poly bushings in the stock control arms with Steeda X2 Ball Joints and then I realized how much work that was and decided to go with the BMR control arms since they come with the bushings and ball joints pre installed.

As for their K-Member it sounds like the Standard K is good but the Premium/Road Race K has been a nightmare for people. Go check out the thread on SVT Performance. Seems like they have a lot of work to do on it and haven't done it.

Last edited:

Snorky

Reaction score
Yeah I've had an Eibach Sportline/KYB AGX setup on an F Body way back when and I absolutely hated that setup. Ride quality was horrible so I knew not to make that mistake again.

I was going to just put new poly bushings in the stock control arms with Steeda X2 Ball Joints and then I realized how much work that was and decided to go with the BMR control arms since they come with the bushings and ball joints pre installed.

As for their K-Member it sounds like the Standard K is good but the Premium/Road Race K has been a nightmare for people. Go check out the thread on SVT Performance. Seems like they have a lot of work to do on it and haven't done it.
Ahh yess.. you are at the point where time is more valuable than money. The 2nd kid must really nail that one home. Having one kid and a garage 40 min. From my home. I'm starting to feel that way.. I wonder if they fixed that stuff seeing that thread is nearly 3 years old.

I too am finding that the wild race car desires have changed after having a kid to wanting something to just cruise in. Take the kids to get ice cream. Funny how that works

OP
OP
NEW EDG

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ahh yess.. you are at the point where time is more valuable than money. The 2nd kid must really nail that one home. Having one kid and a garage 40 min. From my home. I'm starting to feel that way.. I wonder if they fixed that stuff seeing that thread is nearly 3 years old.

I too am finding that the wild race car desires have changed after having a kid to wanting something to just cruise in. Take the kids to get ice cream. Funny how that works
Seeing the last few posts it seems like it still barely fits with no room for adjustments to square it up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online