New guy: 1996 GT Deep Forrest/Tourmaline Auto 120k

P.Blunt

Reaction score
Hello. New Guy. 1996 GT Stock 120k Auto Deep Forrest/Tourmaline. Been a reader of forums like this one for years (S10, Monte Carlo, Dakota) but admittedly never joined or contributed to any of them. That, id like to change. Over the years, guys like you and the knowledge that you share, has saved me THOUSANDS so I really hope I can contribute to the knowledge base somehow. Ive spent the last 4 months that ive owned the car fixing everything mechanically wrong with it i can find. It now runs almost perfect. Ive taken lots of pics.Also, I have the 1996 Mustang Factory Service Manual, the Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual (complete with every wire diagram) and the Pre-Delivery Maintenance And Lubrication booklet for 1996 Ford cars and trucks. I would be glad to share any of that stuff with whoever whether its taking pics of parts you need to see, or snapping some pics of the pages in the manuals.Many of you know infinitely more about these cars (and possibly auto mechanics in general) then I probably will, but ive done alot of basic repairs on the car even in such a short time and will continue to; so hopefully i can help somebody out somewhere. Also i promise to make sure anything i share is as accurate as I can best verify. In short; I promise not to talk a bunch of s&%t about a bunch of s!@t I dont know. Anyways.....heres my GT.

So far Ive fixed all this stuff and possibly can help with any questions about them:
It is completely stock so far except for an Airaid air filter and a set of rusty flowmasters. (Rust holes or not, to me it sounds utterly badass)
Replaced IAC & adjusted and reset the idle
Replaced Alternator
Replaced leaky Oil Cooler gasket. Was leaking both oil and coolant
Complete Trans fluid replace (not just the pan, all of it)
Replaced Outter Tie-Rod ends
Replaced Power Steering rack and fluid + new Inner Tie-Rods
Added quick release battery terminals connectors (love them. disconnect the neg terminal in literally 1 second, and they look good)
Replaced both Front Wheel Hub assemblies
Replaced fore and aft U-joints
Replaced stock 4way Power Seat track with 99 and up 6way Power Seat track on my 96 seats
Am currently refurbishing the interior since the car mechanically runs excellent now. After that will be the exterior, and then finally after that.......make.it.fast.
Well, Thanks for reading.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, and nice car too. If I was to do it all over again I would really consider finding a super clean DFG car to build.

OP
OP
P

P.Blunt

Reaction score
Thanks man. Is it just me or are the dfg cars pretty rare? Ive yet to see another one around here. There isnt even that many pics on internet of them.

OP
OP
P

P.Blunt

Reaction score
Cool. When 1st bought the car the guy said he had it repainted and that the color is stock. So i checked the paint code and then did an internet search for dfg mustangs to check out how exterior mods look with it and all i kept seeing were green mustangs that looked nothing like mine. So for a while i thought it was a custom color. But since then ive seen some pics that match in the right light. Im keeping the saddle int also. I like the contrast between the dfg and the saddle which you lose when you go all black on the interior. Im actually repainting with SEM Camel. Ive done a few pieces and i like it.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks man. I shouldve joined sooner instead of standing outside peeking through the windows.
Oh no worries. I too lurked for quite a while before joining. It's all good :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113