New Guy From Ky.

James2001

Reaction score
Hey all, just joined! New to SN95's. Currently helping my 13 year old restore his '97 F150. Favorite Mustang years have been the First Generation, and Fox Bodies. Wanting to get into SN95's though, looking to learn.

Last edited:

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome from Bullitt county in Kentucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
James2001

James2001

Reaction score
Thanks everybody! Like I said new to SN95's. 5.0's I know about, but I've read that you couldn't get good power out of a 4.6. That true? Don't know much about 'em.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Gotta be careful with a question like that. This forum is an incredible place but we have one hot topic and that’s the mod vs pushrod discussion. Which is easiest/cheapest to make power. Which is the better motor.

The mod guys will tell you it’s easier to pull power from a mod. Us pushrod guys will tell you it’s easier with a pushrod.

In all honesty it’s a personal preference. They sound 100% different. The mods like their higher rpm’s while the pushrods like their low end torque. They like having multiple cams to play with while we like that it only takes one cam to get it done. They modify factory ford heads and intakes for the most part while us pushrods have a plethora of aftermarket parts to choose from.

Can each make power?? Yes
Can each be solid running motors?? Yes
Can each blow up at any given time?? Yes

It’s all personal choice.

OP
OP
James2001

James2001

Reaction score
Gotta be careful with a question like that. This forum is an incredible place but we have one hot topic and that’s the mod vs pushrod discussion. Which is easiest/cheapest to make power. Which is the better motor.

The mod guys will tell you it’s easier to pull power from a mod. Us pushrod guys will tell you it’s easier with a pushrod.

In all honesty it’s a personal preference. They sound 100% different. The mods like their higher rpm’s while the pushrods like their low end torque. They like having multiple cams to play with while we like that it only takes one cam to get it done. They modify factory ford heads and intakes for the most part while us pushrods have a plethora of aftermarket parts to choose from.

Can each make power?? Yes
Can each be solid running motors?? Yes
Can each blow up at any given time?? Yes

It’s all personal choice.

Thanks man!!! Answered my question!

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I see I'm late to the party
Welcome
I have a 97 F150 4x4 lariat myself that will have to be restored

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
why do you have to go and apologize for me in advance? I mean it just takes some of the fun out of it when they expect it.....

That’s Broseph for ya. Always throwing a wrench in the fun!!!!! [emoji38]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt