New guy here saying Hi

dave377

Reaction score
I am a 57 year old male with a 97 v6, auto, mustang. It has a supercharged super coupe engine in it with a 10% over pulley a 70 mm mas air and 70 mm tb and dual exh. I am getting ready to install a 8.8 rear with traction lock and 373 gears. I think the change from 273 to 373 gears should make the car feel a little stronger. It seams to run pretty strong now but I think it will be much better after the change. I just hope it is not to much gear for the super coupe set up for street use. I would like to change the converter to around 2500 rpm and redo the valve body but that will have to wait. I also was wandering if I should have the trans reprogrammed after the gear change.

Thanks
Dave377

framda

Reaction score
J mod is the way to go, I was going to do a B&M shift kit but after reading the tech write up by the Ford engineer i have decided to j mod it. That guy is one of the orig desighners for Ford, he knows what he is talking about. The write up is in the Forum somewhere but I copied it on a word doc if you want pm me your email and I will send it to you. Also a high stall converter is going to raise your trans temp. unless you have a cam that needs the eng. to tach up before it makes power I would stay away from that unless you are dragging it at the strip. you are right your gears are going to make a huge difference. they are the best dollar/horsepower mod you can make. You may tach up quick enough with them to cancel out the need for a high stall converter. Do you have any pics of your engine swap. I had a SC tbird, great car. I bet that motor pushes a stang pretty good huh?

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Wow thats some old mail you got there....

lol, just trollin'.
got any pictures of the beast? & welcome! :D

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
welcome aboard. Was going to do a supercoupe swap before I did mine.

I bet it's sick.

The gears will completely wake the car up and will not be too much. In fact you might be wondering why you didnt go with 4.10's :)

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome Dave.

I sure liked the feel of my car after doing a stall. Also agree on the Jmod. did that to mine as well./

Enjoy the forums, and we'd love to see some pics of your ride.

OP
OP
D

dave377

Reaction score
Well guys I got the 7.5 rear end out last night, I had to cut the two lower rear control arm bolts because they were froze in the bushing. I will go get new bushings and bolts today. I also noticed that some one has cut the coil springs to lower the car and I like the way it sets & looks but it will beat you to death when riding on ruff roads. I am thinking about get new lowering spring for a V6 may it will ride better then. I will be cleaning up the control arms and the disk brake assembly along with the dust shields so I can get it ready to go back together with the 8.8 and 373 gears.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online

No members online now.