New guy in NC

Five

Reaction score
Gaining a lot of knowledge here. Just beginning my ‘98 GT Convertible twin turbo build. Thanks for all of the information.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Gaining a lot of knowledge here. Just beginning my ‘98 GT Convertible twin turbo build. Thanks for all of the information.

Welcome!! Enjoy the madness!! Start a build thread with pics and get to know everyone.

Did I mention pics?? Burnout vids are a must as well. [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apsmith49921

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome from The Left Coast!

Pics. Definitely pics, especially of that twin turbo set up! Super helpful and knowledgeable people here, so fire away with questions.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Burn out pics are a must! But if youre like me, the car is in no shape to spin tires. Just post a pic of you sitting down pedaling your feet like a burn out.....thatll work!

Im just joking

Welcome along

PinkieT

Reaction score
Welcome to the herd. I've got two 98 GT ragtops, one for me and one for my wife. I would love to see pics of the build!

OP
OP
Five

Five

Reaction score
Thanks, all. I can burn 'em down with the stock engine for now. I bought a 2000 donor car and the block and heads are at the machine shop. Initial plans include JE pistons and Boss 302 rods, keeping the stock PI heads and intake. Haven't decided on cams (stock or custom). Picking up parts on Facebook market place has yielded the pistons, a spec stage 2 clutch, boost and AFR gauges with a pillar pod, Team Z K-member with a-arms and coilovers, a Mishimoto slim fan. eBay has provided seats and short throw shifter. CJ Pony parts new carpet.

I'm giving the eBay twin turbo kit a go. Between me and a friend, we can fab about anything. It'll be a slow build, but I'm looking forward to it.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Love to hear about turbo builds! Welcome to the party, we're thrilled to have you join!

OP
OP
Five

Five

Reaction score
Love to hear about turbo builds! Welcome to the party, we're thrilled to have you join!
It’s going slowly. Heads, block, rods and pistons are at the machine shop. Picking up parts a little at a time. Got screwed on Facebook market for some rear end gears, god I hate a damned thief

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I hear you dealing with unknown companies or shops or individuals
Some people don't care take the money and run

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online