new here!

sk_stang

Reaction score
hi every one, im kinda new here... i have a 95 stang with a few bolt on parts... i had a question tho, this guy im my class want to race his stock wrx, what do i need to beat him? thanks

OP
OP
S

sk_stang

Reaction score
yeah its an 02 subaru wrx... i do have a racing t5 tranny in my car, full exhaust and intake.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
how much do you have on the intake side of your set-up, also do you have longtubes or what?

OP
OP
S

sk_stang

Reaction score
i have a cobra intake and cold air intake with k&n filter charge, and i dont have long tubes, but shortys and off-road x-pipes and american thunder mufflers. i have gears ( 3,73) but not yet installed.

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Whatever you do, do not race him from a dead stop. Other than that get UD pulleys, Long tube headers, O/R midpipe, 2.5" catback, CAI, 3.73 or 4.10 gears, Shifter, and you should be able to pull him from a roll. If you want to play it safe get some spray and tell him to :gtfo:

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
sk_stang said:
i have a cobra intake and cold air intake with k&n filter charge, and i dont have long tubes, but shortys and off-road x-pipes and american thunder mufflers. i have gears ( 3,73) but not yet installed.

Well hell you should be able to beat him from a roll with that I would think. It will be close. Just don't run him from a dead stop, if he gets the jump you will NEVER come back.

OP
OP
S

sk_stang

Reaction score
thanks... i do have a pro 5.0 short throw shifter to... gonna race him this week end, ill let you guys posted

Stangbangin

Reaction score
well .....I think he's gonna give you hell from a dig or a roll.....I'm a sportsman though I'd say take him from a stoplight...watch the intersecting lights and when that bitch turns yellow get ready to mash it. in honesty if he' can drive decent he'll probably still take you....but your gears and whether he's stock or not ( which he offered up a race so I doubt it) could be determining factors....but if you lose you'll still pull more hoes cuz your in a STANG pimpin

OP
OP
S

sk_stang

Reaction score
yeah... ill try to get a shop to install my gear this week end before the race ( if i can find some cash to do so).

yellowgt

Reaction score
If I were you I would for sure get the gears installed before you race him, Other than that it should be a drivers race.

I do like the look of the WRX though

OP
OP
S

sk_stang

Reaction score
i live in regina, sask, canada... yeah we just got some snow today so if it clears out im racing him, dont have $$$ for the gear instal right now so ill have to take him on straight :-\

Stangla2

Reaction score
If you are going to race him, do it from a roll. He will kill you from a dead stop.. I own a modded wrx (see pic) and a stock 94 GT

SORRY UPGRADING FORUMS, ATTACHMENT WAS ERASED, YOU NEED TO REUPLOAD!

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Stopsign32v said:
Whatever you do, do not race him from a dead stop.
Why Not?? I Would.. Not only cause i will come out of the hole quicker than him, but the more they drop those clutches at 5K+ the weaker their halfshafts become, then BOOM.

Stangla2

Reaction score
Even if he drops the clutch at 5k he won't break it during the race, I have 60k miles and pushing around 300 hp to the crank and never have i broken a shaft. If the guy knows how to drive his wrx he will win.. My old stang was pushing 330 rwhp and i had my friend race me with my own wrx and from a dead stop he took me. I caught up and won but I doubt this kid is pushing 300 to the wheels

SORRY UPGRADING FORUMS, ATTACHMENT WAS ERASED, YOU NEED TO REUPLOAD!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lndabrkes01

Members online