New Member and a Question!

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
They always need a few things . Like bushings front to back is one of the most common things

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you. It is pretty clean, but does need a few things. Overall it's in great shape. I'm just glad to be back in a mustang!
Enjoy! What sort of things need doing? Just curious…

OP
OP
M

mountaineer83

Reaction score
I had a complete ser of new urethane bushing for my old one in the garage if I didn't toss them. So if those are good they may go in.

I also need tires, weatherstrip for the top, window regulators aren't working properly, and of course it sits too high so springs and shocks are on the list.

The only other true issue is the airbag light is on so I figure the clock spring may need replaced.

It's definitely driveable as is though.

joemomma

Reaction score
Check the code for the airbag, may not be the clock spring. Mine is throwing a code for something in the passenger side of things. Haven't looked to far into it.

OP
OP
M

mountaineer83

Reaction score
I'm holding off on replacing anything with the airbag until I can dive into it a little. I've read a little about checking the codes, but its pretty foreign to me at the moment.

joemomma

Reaction score
Basically, the dash light will flash in a sequence before staying lit fully. You can count the flashes and look up the corresponding "code" for the flash count.

OP
OP
M

mountaineer83

Reaction score
So checked it out and it's code 12. The fuse was blown, but changing it didn't do anything. Battery is good with good contacts. Didn't get to do much but I'll fool mess with it some more later.

On the other hand, they had 235/55/17s on it. Ordered new 245/45 on front and 275/40 on back. Coupled with the lowering springs I ordered she should drop about 2.5-3" from the 4x4 look it has now. The tires one it are 1.5" taller than stock.

Now to find time to get those all installed. I'll update with pics once I do bit it'll be a while. Too many irons in the fire at the moment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CBR51Stang

Members online

No members online now.