New Member From SC

Tony Corley

Reaction score
Been lurking for awhile, finally decided to join up. Very cool site!. Some of you may know me from other Mustang sites, as I have been involved with Mustangs for over 30 years now. I still act like a kid every time I get another one.
Just acquired a '94 GT roller, black with black and grey interior. Plans are to put the car back together as a daily driver that is competitive in IHRA Pure Stock, as well as bracket race it. Pure Stock has a lot of rules that, as the name suggests, doesn't allow for a lot of changes from stock. A lot of modifications that even the most basic bolt on street cars have are not allowed.
This is not going to be an all out effort at this time. I've spent tons of money on drag cars in the past, including NMRA Real Street and Pure Street cars. This one is just something to spend some time with my 2 sons, use up some of the parts I have laying around, and still have the challenge of seeing how much quicker we can make it run than the index IHRA assigns to it.

Initial combo will be a freshened, stock, '95 engine with a good valve job. Stock cam, intake, throttle body, etc. BBK equal length shorties and x-pipe, (no cats), flowmasters. AODE with J Mod and 3500-4000 stall lock up convertor.
4:30 or 4:56 gears, 26x9 slicks on 15x10 wheels. Factory rear control arms, k member, etc, with Strange adjustables front and rear. Keeping working a/c, and for now, P/S, even though it may go later. Will run short belt at the track. Planning on tuning with Moates Quarterhorse and Binary editor.

As the project evolves, we'll try different convertors, exhaust, gear ratios, tunes, etc to figure out what it likes. The main goal is to let my 2 boys (13 and 25) have the fun in figuring out what works best.

We are just getting started, but I'm taking pictures, and as things progress, may start a build thread.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Welcome along! I believe you will enjoy being here. Be sure your boys check out all the other build threads to help with decisions.

Definitely do your own build thread! Should be fun watching your boys with the build! Im all about family fun!

Sinned83

Reaction score
Welcome! It's so cool your boys will learn by a fun project.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online