New member from the UK

Rich66

Reaction score
Hi All
Just joined the forum from the UK. I am a member of the mustang owners club in the UK. I have owned my car (1999 new edge V6 coupe) for just over 3 years now. The car is white and I have recently had the roof vinyl wrapped in black and a bonnet stripe in black. I have also changed the rims and tyres a couple of months ago. It now has staggered rims with 9.5 x18’s on the rear and 8.5 x18’s on the front with 255/45 tyres on the rear and 245/45 tyres on the front. The front wheels have 20 mm hub centric spacers as the wheels were rubbing on the lower wishbones.
The car was sold brand new in Japan in 1999 and was imported into the UK in May 2018 and I purchased the car in June 2018 from the person who imported the car.
It currently has 45,000 miles on the clock.8381AA84-E947-408D-99AE-5F2EE2008079.jpeg1D4D2E57-7BBC-42EB-ABF9-3B76EE430BEE.jpegE50C1EF5-6D92-4088-B0DF-89E6EFF2AD00.jpeg162E7B44-AC10-4573-BA43-5361B3A469F6.jpeg

OP
OP
Rich66

Rich66

Reaction score
Hi All
Thanks for all your replies i’ve been a bit slow in replying as I’ve been a bit preoccupied the last couple of weeks with my Dad going into hospital after having 3 falls in one day then to top it all my wife was rushed into hospital with sepsis. They’re both out now and recovering well .

From what I gather the amber indicator rear lights are fitted as standard on Japanese import cars as a legal requirement, they’re also as rare as rocking horse s..t in the UK so hopefully they wont get damaged as I’ll have a hard time finding replacements. The best thing about buying this car straight after it was imported into the UK is that in Japan they don’t use salt on their roads and they don’t drive their cars as much as we do. So I get a low mileage rust free car can’t ask for more than that.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hi All
Thanks for all your replies i’ve been a bit slow in replying as I’ve been a bit preoccupied the last couple of weeks with my Dad going into hospital after having 3 falls in one day then to top it all my wife was rushed into hospital with sepsis. They’re both out now and recovering well .

From what I gather the amber indicator rear lights are fitted as standard on Japanese import cars as a legal requirement, they’re also as rare as rocking horse s..t in the UK so hopefully they wont get damaged as I’ll have a hard time finding replacements. The best thing about buying this car straight after it was imported into the UK is that in Japan they don’t use salt on their roads and they don’t drive their cars as much as we do. So I get a low mileage rust free car can’t ask for more than that.
Just when you thought it sucked bad enough that you can't get gas huh? Life is grand, sometimes 10 grand... Glad everyone is better but don't let the slow reply happen ever again :) = sarcasm

muzzy25

Reaction score
Just when you thought it sucked bad enough that you can't get gas huh? Life is grand, sometimes 10 grand... Glad everyone is better but don't let the slow reply happen ever again :) = sarcasm

Hi All

Head lights will be hard to find as dip other way?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Very clean car! Nice score and thats for sharing!

Welcome to the neighborhood

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the herd! Great intro and great looking car! Glad to hear family have all recovered and are home again.

Love the black stripe, too! Very nice statement without being overstated. Top job!!

Please don’t hesitate to ask questions. Around this barn, the only dumb question is the one that goes unasked!

Cheers!
Daryl
SoCal, USA

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Hey. Hello from the UK too and also from a Mustang owners club UK member.

There's loads of good advice on here - dare I say better than the UK forum - so you'll get what you need.

See you around maybe.

TMW

Blueraz_5.0

Reaction score
Hi All
Just joined the forum from the UK. I am a member of the mustang owners club in the UK. I have owned my car (1999 new edge V6 coupe) for just over 3 years now. The car is white and I have recently had the roof vinyl wrapped in black and a bonnet stripe in black. I have also changed the rims and tyres a couple of months ago. It now has staggered rims with 9.5 x18’s on the rear and 8.5 x18’s on the front with 255/45 tyres on the rear and 245/45 tyres on the front. The front wheels have 20 mm hub centric spacers as the wheels were rubbing on the lower wishbones.
The car was sold brand new in Japan in 1999 and was imported into the UK in May 2018 and I purchased the car in June 2018 from the person who imported the car.
It currently has 45,000 miles on the clock.View attachment 12134View attachment 12135View attachment 12136View attachment 12137
Looking really good! I really like the black roof onto the hood!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Staff online

Members online