New Member looking for advice and help planning a project

Fry 110

Reaction score
Hey everyone, how's it going? I am currently mustangless, however I have owned 2 SN95s. I had a 98 GT and an 04 Mach 1. I have always liked that generation of mustang, and I feel the time has come to buy another, but as a project car. I figured this forum would be the place to go to get expertise and advice. What I would like to do is find a tired 96 to 98 mustang, tear it down, and rebuild it with a coyote engine, new paint, new interior, and some tasteful accessories, and really make it my own. Some questions I have, are things to look for when craigslisting for a mustang, like does it have to be a GT, or would a V6 work? Anything to look for like common areas for rust, or signs of impact damage, or anything along those lines. I was thinking to do a coyote engine, t56 magnum, and keep the solid rear, but maybe put some shorter gears in it. Also I was thinking of doing some cervinis body parts, like a cobra r front bumper, different hood, side exhaust, don't know that I would do the cobra r wing, maybe something a little shorter, and some nice concave wheels. I am a nascar fan, so I wanted to give it some nascar touches, like autometer gauges, boom tube exhaust, racing seats, and toggle switches. I am capable of doing most of my own work, even composites. Let me know what you guys think.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I like it! Your ideas are perfect.......for a good long build thread! With lots of pictures too!

Your ideas can be done with any mustang engine model package, but starting with a Gt package gets you further ahead rear end wise. A cobra package gets the bigger brakes plus rearend.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
V6 mustang will be way cheaper to buy and you can always find 8.8 rear ends cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online