New Member needs advice and guidance.

Chingonmuerta

Reaction score
Im new to this forum and new to Mustangs in general. I have an 04 GT premium thats in excellent shape. Ive installed an Accufab 70mm TB and plenum combo,BBK Blackout CAI,Steeda Underdrive Pulleys,MGW Short Throw Shifter,JBA Off road H-Pipe and Borla Stinger exhaust. Ive also ordered several Suspension parts and lowering springs. Now Im looking to replace the head unit with something a bit more modern and Im having a hard time deciding. I have the Mach 1000 with the subs and amps that are all in good working order but the head unit itself is getting buggy and showing signs that its on its last leg. Anybody got any advice on this subject? Maybe some Pictures? Thanks?

chris91

Reaction score
I highly recommend anything Pioneer. I have the 2400bt in both my mustang and explorer and they are great radios. Had them for 3 years now. They have everything except navigation. They were only $275 also. I've always had pioneer head units in my vehicles and never had a problem outta them.

Ballistic

Reaction score
I'm still pretty hesitant with Pioneer had some bad ground looping, went to a alpine and went right away and i felt like i got better sound quality from the alpine..

But im still only using a single din..

My votes for alpine..

lutter94

Reaction score
What are peoples thoughts on kenwood? I thought I liked it, but acting a little strange lately, could be wiring though.....one speaker will quiet down sporadically, and the Bluetooth call volume is always way too quiet.

chris91

Reaction score
You guys having problems still have the mach460 setup? I've had probably 20-30 different Pioneer radios since gaining my license at 16 (now 37) and haven't had one problem. I think that says a lot.

Witzy0070

Reaction score
I run the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X998. Pioneer in my personal experience is fine. I feel I get better processing out of Alpine and Kenwood headunits. I have an extensive build in my Cobra and have had other quality builds such as this in the past. I don't run Pioneer or Sony.

c11_zpskjhxta7r.jpg

lutter94

Reaction score
You guys having problems still have the mach460 setup? I've had probably 20-30 different Pioneer radios since gaining my license at 16 (now 37) and haven't had one problem. I think that says a lot.

Having 20-30 different Pioneer radios also says a lot, lmao. ;)

chris91

Reaction score
Well I would get a new radio almost every time they brought out a newer model. Working for a major car dealership had its privileges. Got the hookup from the local stereo shop that did installs for us. Was getting brand new $300 head units for half the price. Seemed like every 6 months something new came around so of course being a stereo junky I would pick one up. Most of the time I'd sell my old one and it would cover the cost of the new. LoL

Ballistic

Reaction score

I had the Mach 460 setup, its all bypassed now, few of my friends who install car audio stuff and compete with their cars and own their own shops even said after a while their pioneers went to shit, but everyone always wanted pioneer they had all the bells and whistles.. its a 50/50 with pioneer with me.

My pioneer did work fine with the mach 460 system though..

chris91

Reaction score
Wonder what they did to em, never had a problem outta my radios. Not one head unit failure in the 21 years of having my license. My current radios are the longest I have owned one. Both are 3 years old and still work and sound great. I have all kicker speakers and amps in the mustang and it sounds incredibly well for such low end stuff.

lutter94

Reaction score
I really do like my Kenwood-KDC-BT555U. But I put a battery charger on engine start once, it started really quick, the door ding made a weird pitch, and the radio didn't work. Fuses were good, pulled it out unplugged it plugged it back in, it worked great, but may be a cause of issues. The adapter wires to go to the spade terminals are pretty crappy. real loose had to pinch them, but still not great, need to solder to the wire directly. The connection behind the stereo is soldered to the ford adapter, should be perfect there. Sometimes my back right speaker goes quiet, but always makes sound, its strange.

chris91

Reaction score
I replaced my speakers with 6x8 kicker 2 ways after one of the stock ones started sounding like it was in a tin can. Couldn't believe the difference. Your speaker may be kicking the bucket.

OP
OP
C

Chingonmuerta

Reaction score
Chris91 thanks for including the pics for me. I needed to see the double DIN setup. Im leaning toward a Pioneer AVH 5700. Im out of town working right now and parts are being delivered everyday so I cant wait to get home and start wrenching. I appreciate all the reply's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online

No members online now.