New Mustang GT 'vert owner here in MI

dwcopple

Reaction score
Picked up a 98 GT last month and been doing some things here and there to it. Looking forward to learning some valuable info here on the forums!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Bay City, by Saginaw and Midland

It’s been a few years but I usually head up to Gaylord, Harbor Springs and Hell a few days each February to hit the slopes at Boyne and Boyne Highlands. Thinking about coming up some time in the summer maybe next year for a few days at Torch Lake.

Bet you have a hard time finding a rust free car up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
dwcopple

dwcopple

Reaction score
Nothing spectacular. It was a NY car for it's life, a woman dermatologist owned it. I got it from a private home dealer that buys auction cars. It has 124K on the clock. I gutted the 460 non working system (it had an aftermarket deck installed only running the tweeters, and rewired the headunit to new 6x8's in the doors and new 6.5" in the rear quarters. I plan to get some mufflers installed for some better sound. It had a steering rack leak when I got it so I put in a new reman one. I have a new set of rear calipers/rotors/pads to install yet along with some new front brake hoses too. This fall I will be replacing the top with a KEE one piece unit and hopefully getting the hood and bumper cover repainted over the winter. We'll see.

I plasti-dipped the rear spoiler and installed the black letter inserts for the rear bumper text. I also installed a Mach1 style lip spoiler.
Here it is after it's first wash
sIArgJE.jpg

and how it sits now...not sure I like the black spoiler but it is retro-ish and the stock paint had some sun fade so it was a hair lighter than the body paint despite wheeling it.
paqw7dO.jpg

PinkieT

Reaction score
I'm kinda partial to 98 ragtops. My wife and I did our back spoilers in matte black but also our side scoops and hood inserts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online