New old guy from Iowa

mustanggarage

Reaction score
Hello all. I am a long time mustang fan. I got my first mustang when I was 19 way back in 1985. It was a 1965 coupe. most of what I know about cars I learned working on that car. I have had it ever since and I have spent a lot of time and money playing with it.

then when my son turned 14 I wanted to build a car with him so I bought a 67 coupe.

he was completely UN-interested in it, so it sat in storage for a few years until my daughter turned 11 she said she wanted it so I told her she could have it but she had to help build it. we had it complete enough to show for the first time the year she turned 14. this is one of her senior pictures.

My Dad moved out here near me after my Mom died, and he parked his 94 mustang project in my garage. it was torn apart and he had lost interest in it, so he bought an 89 convertible to work on. it also sat in my garage. I finally convinced him to get the 94 running again, and after that I started working on the 89. since the 94 was working and I had spent a significant amount of time and money on the 89 he gave it to me. since that time I have done a lot of work to it also. with help from Dad of course. we replaced the convertible top bows and put a new top on it. built a 331 stroker for it etc.

so this year My Dad decided that he could not take care of himself anymore and he needed to go to the nursing home. it has been coming for a while of course, but it was a hard decision. He had been living in a small apartment so he did not have a lot of stuff anymore, just a lot of tools in my garage and his cars. He really did not want to get rid of the cars because all the money of course had to go to the nursing home, so there was not a lot of incentive for him to sell them for over the amount that they had been valued at. so anyway I ended up buying them. he had 2 94 mustangs. which brings me to why I joined this forum.

the first is a teal GT coupe. it was one he has had for years. it is a 5 speed car that he put endelbrock heads and a supercharger on a few years ago. unfortunately he hit a deer with it and messed it up pretty bad. I have a bunch of parts for it, and some day I will get to it.

the other is a pretty much stock white convertible. automatic. it is in working condition and it is the one I have been playing with recently. I have several hot rods obviously so I am not really interested in building a racecar out of this one, but I have never been one to leave well enough alone so I will be tinkering on it a bit. As all of you know, these cars are pretty unique so finding information about them is a bit tougher than say a 65 mustang lol so I joined this forum to get some help. I am a member of several other forums also. anyway here is my white 94 as I got it. I don't have good pictures of it before I started tinkering on it, so this is the best I can do.

so anyway. that is my mustang story. I look forward to tinkering on my 2 94 mustangs. and I thank you for providing this place to discuss these cool cars.

OP
OP
mustanggarage

mustanggarage

Reaction score
I live in Atlantic. the Teal car when Dad got it was pretty bland. so he bought the shinoda boss stripes for it. it was a pretty cool looking car at one time. now it is collecting dust. it needs lots done to it. the whole other side needs work, and it needs a new clutch. it still runs great. I need to get motivated to work on it, but I just have too many other projects all the time. I am going to do some work on the white car. I still have to put a new rear bumper on my jeep and get the hardtop back on it pretty soon. but maybe this winter I will start working on the teal car again. the worst part about it, is that we parked it in my neighbors barn last winter and mice got into it. the interior smells horrible. I have the mice exterminated but I need to figure out what I have to do to get the smell out of the inside. I have put bounce drier sheets in there, I hear that is supposed to keep mice out and it hopefully will get some of the smell out. I have also sprayed fabreze in it but it still smells bad. I intend to pull the seats this winter and get in there with a rug doctor. hopefully that will help.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Lots of nice cars you have there :) Nice garage too!

Regarding the smell: that might be tough to get rid of. Your best bet probably is to pull the carpet out, take it to a car wash that has the bays with wands and stuff, and just spray that guy down with soapy water. It's actually also a good way to freshen it up if it's look old and dirty. If you have a pressure washer, then no need to go to the car wash. As for the seats, assuming the fabric absorbed the smell, you will probably have to scrub those guys down as well. I don't think fabreze alone will cut it...

lutter94

Reaction score
I had mice once, and took it to a dealer, they fogged it. Something they do to a lot of trade ins i presume. Smelled like fruit for awhile....

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Nice stable and welcome. Any help you need we have alot of good guys here with a wealth of knowledge! Welcome!

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Welcome to the site! Awesome collection of mustangs, that's cool that you could work on them with your dad and daughter. You've come to the right place for the sn95, lots of knowledgeable guys here and I'm sure you will be able to help us out too

OP
OP
mustanggarage

mustanggarage

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, I did start a thread for the white convertible in the projects section. I will hopefully have some interesting things to discuss there. at least I am sure I will have plenty of questions.

Mustanger

Reaction score
Welcome to our little corner! Glad to see a whole family (minus your son) that loves Mustangs! Maybe he will one day see the light too. Sorry your Dad had to go in the home I would have loved meeting him I know...I'm old too, but still driving my 94, I even got a little sideways Sat leaving a Cars & Coffee meet, thought my wheels were straight when I hit it...
Glad you are here & I will follow your build thread with interest.

One thing different about my white 94 Coupe is that I got it from my son! LOL...once again welcome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online