New T5 MGW Shifter

robb15033

Reaction score
My MWG gold handle short throw shifter arrived. I installed it in 45 minutes and gave it a test drive. I love it. It doesn't have any shorter shifts than the shifter I took out. It feels completely different but the shifts are no shorter, like I had read from other peoples comments. It functions and feels incredible, so, so smooth and quiet. When your driving at high RPM's and look down at the shifter handle, it doesn't vibrate and shake back and forth at all. It really is an enjoyable upgrade the whole time you are behind the wheel. I now have a MGW adjustable shift handle I need to sell or get rid of. It fits any T5 shifter base and adjusts in all kinds of ways. Would work great on a Steeda or Pro 5.0. Anyway, thumbs up for the MGW shifter!!

Slykin

Reaction score
I love my MGW. I have it adjusted for the longest throw because my arms are short, but it is so much better than the stock shifters in every way haha.

OP
OP
robb15033

robb15033

Reaction score
I'm with ya brutha! It's a beautiful piece of metal machinery. Another thing you utilize the entire time your driving is the seat your ass is planted in. I went outside the box and purchased a Corbeau Baja XRS suspension seat to put in the car next weekend, look forward to that too!

Slykin

Reaction score
Yeah, I need a seat pretty bad, mine's torn up. I'll be checkin in to see how you like your Corbeaus. I was looking at that particular model the other day.

OP
OP
robb15033

robb15033

Reaction score
I researched sells and seller satisfaction ratings. Purchased just the drivers seat and then got a double latching

837367562_260jpgBracket.jpg
seat bracket from LMR. The seat is from a Jeep store called Quadratec. I'll post pics and how it feels, how high/low it sits. Got new black carpet for inside too. I'm using flat black and gloss black dye for the interior panels. Also have a carbon fiber console lid to put on. Time to pay some attention to the inside look and comfort. The seat should be all the more impressive because I now have a '97 cloth generic Mustang seat, totally worn out & wasn't comfortable when new.
t-45jpgMGW.jpg
Corbeau-Baja-XRS-214x300.jpg

Slykin

Reaction score
It definitely looks comfy... maybe not quite as bolstered as i'd like, but i'm into corner carving/road racing. Well... eventually i'd like to be :p

OP
OP
robb15033

robb15033

Reaction score
Yep, when looking at all of the models they provide, this seat is mild. The LG1 and TRS are much more bolstered. The XRS still has the memory foam and soft comfort from what I read.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I love the MGW, will not consider putting another brand of short shifter in any other car. I have convinced a few other people to get them...no complaints yet :)

OP
OP
robb15033

robb15033

Reaction score
Sounds great. I was expecting a great product but it's alot nicer than I thought. Kinda hard to explain it vividly with words but it's just really nice. I like it.

LilRoush

Reaction score
It definitely looks comfy... maybe not quite as bolstered as i'd like, but i'm into corner carving/road racing. Well... eventually i'd like to be :p

Depending on your physical size, the A4 and the CR1 are two I'd suggest for road course. I had CR1s, and swapped to the narrower A4. I've now have A4s in 4 Mustangs and love them. I also ran Forzas for awhile, but the fixed back seat had to go in favor of getting stuff in and out of my backseat area.

Slykin

Reaction score
Depending on your physical size, the A4 and the CR1 are two I'd suggest for road course. I had CR1s, and swapped to the narrower A4. I've now have A4s in 4 Mustangs and love them. I also ran Forzas for awhile, but the fixed back seat had to go in favor of getting stuff in and out of my backseat area.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag