New to SN95 forums - 98 GT project car

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm on my 4th Mustang now and back in an SN95 - I started with a 1996 GT, went to a 99GT, a 2011GT, and am now back to my SN95 roots in a 1998 GT. The pictography is below:

$

7633906972_e32e2567c7_k%201.jpg

$

I'll make another thread in the 96-04 2V forum to introduce the car a little more. I have many questions and need some help to get some things squared away, but just wanted to make an introduction to the forum.

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm on my 4th Mustang now and back in an SN95 - I started with a 1996 GT, went to a 99GT, a 2011GT, and am now back to my SN95 roots in a 1998 GT. The pictography is below:

$

7633906972_e32e2567c7_k%201.jpg

$

I'll make another thread in the 96-04 2V forum to introduce the car a little more. I have many questions and need some help to get some things squared away, but just wanted to make an introduction to the forum.

Lol pictography. Welcome back

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Welcome along!

Starting a build thread is fun interactive and youll get great support regardless the direction of the build. This community is handz(banded) down the most intelligent gathering on the net. Youre not going to get negative feedback here unless you provide negative feedback. So ....get comfy with the site and post lots of pics!! Cause we like pics!!! WOOT!

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Nice ride man! All of the previous ones look clean as well, good luck with the new build and keep us posted with progress and questions

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Welcome along!

Starting a build thread is fun interactive and youll get great support regardless the direction of the build. This community is handz(banded) down the most intelligent gathering on the net. Youre not going to get negative feedback here unless you provide negative feedback. So ....get comfy with the site and post lots of pics!! Cause we like pics!!! WOOT!

Handz (banned) lol, anyway blak is spot on. There is a guy that put a 2jz supra motor in a sn. Noone will hound you to bad, most here will think off the wall stuff is cool as :poop:. And yes lots and lots of pics

OP
OP
SOHC_Foodblister
Reaction score
Why'd you get rid of the coyote?

My wife and I were getting ready to have our son and I didnt want to make her keep driving her decade old Accord while I kept my weekend toy (Coyote) in addition to my daily driver Bronco. Since the Bronco was ill suited for child transport duties and the Coyote was an absolute no-go in winter (or any type of inclement) weather in addition to being less than ideal for car seats and what not, I decided to get rid of the Mustang to buy the wife a Subaru Legacy:

$

The Legacy is a great family car for the wife: 6 cylinder, CVT, AWD and newer electronics/tech that she likes. I ended up getting the 2005 Accord and keeping the 95 Bronco. After about 6 months, not having a manual transmission was driving me absolutely wild. Since I wasnt about to spend a ton of money to get a newer Coyote, I went back to my roots on a budget - I got a bone stock 98 GT 5spd to have as a beater and project car.

Eventually, I'd like to build the GT in a 250 rwhp mild road track car - just something to be able to take to a track day and have fun or be able to drive through curvy back roads for giggles.

OP
OP
SOHC_Foodblister
Reaction score
Welcome along!

Nice ride man! All of the previous ones look clean as well, good luck with the new build and keep us posted with progress and questions

Handz (banned) lol, anyway blak is spot on. There is a guy that put a 2jz supra motor in a sn. Noone will hound you to bad, most here will think off the wall stuff is cool as :poop:. And yes lots and lots of pics

Thanks for the welcome fellas. I will try to keep abreast of pics and document my progress.

Reaction score
250rwhp or 350rwhp? lol cause 250 is real easy to get, im pushing around 220/230 to the wheels with my current set up and i want to get 350 to the wheels eventually with a build. any plans exterior wise for the car? also congrats on the new mini human!

OP
OP
SOHC_Foodblister
Reaction score
250rwhp or 350rwhp? lol cause 250 is real easy to get, im pushing around 220/230 to the wheels with my current set up and i want to get 350 to the wheels eventually with a build. any plans exterior wise for the car? also congrats on the new mini human!

I know. Im being modest with my goals. I know that 300 rwhp is a hard nut to crack with a N/A SOHC and I just dont want to spend the $$$ to chase it. I already have PI heads and cams from an Explorer in the basement. That and some headers should get right to about where Im wanting to be with the car.

And thanks, the Little Man is phenomenal.

Reaction score
pi heads, cams and intake plus say a throttlebody/plenum combo, and a cai will get you to like...275 on a 10.5:1 comp ratio... not to mention full exhaust and what not. 300rwhp really isnt that hard to obtain if you dont have to worry about carb/smog stuff like i do... lol

Nighttrain

Reaction score
I know. Im being modest with my goals. I know that 300 rwhp is a hard nut to crack with a N/A SOHC and I just dont want to spend the $$$ to chase it. I already have PI heads and cams from an Explorer in the basement. That and some headers should get right to about where Im wanting to be with the car.

And thanks, the Little Man is phenomenal.

Easy peasy, shave the deck on the block bump that compression a little more, still run on pump gas. 2v are easy to get some good na power out of.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001