New to SN95

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Awesome choice, I love yellow lol. Welcome to the community. Do you have any pictures of it?

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Hey all, we were finally able to get my wife into the mustang scene. We drove to VA to get this one, and the guy that owned it was a hell of a guy, gave us a great deal and was 100% honest about the everything. I've fixed a few things on it, but it needs some tlc. Body is absolutely no rust at all, has the ORIGINAL exhaust on it, with well over 100k miles, lol. Still shiney tips and no leaks.
Plans for it in the future are a rebuild for the 4R70W trans, with possibly a manual valve body and trans brake, Teksid block, 5.0 stroker kit with manly rods and forged 2618 pistons, forged steel stroker crank, PI heads ported by me, upgraded springs and valves, cams, D1SC blower kit with 3 row intercooler is already sitting on the shelf. So is the stroker kit. So are the heads, but they are all stock. I have a PI intake for her with 42 lb injectors in it already as well. I also bought her Saleen chrome 18X9 and 18X10.5 like the ones that were on my 88 vert that some of you have seen years back. We got front tires she found brand new on fb, and now we need rear tires for it and I'll put the wheels on for her.
She's enjoying the car a lot, saving her money and doing most of it on her own. She bought the top on my advice and got the same as BMW or 03/04 Cobra, it's cloth and glass back window, both put on by Dewey's auto trim, a friend of mine. He did a great job installing it, it really sets the car off and makes it pop. I steered her here because she likes little details like a lot of guys on here do too. I'm all about performance and going a to b as fast as I can, and a lot of guys on here are more into the look and details of the car. I think this will help her to get the car where she wants it. She saw a 98 cobra at the dragstrip last thurs when I was racing for the local list, defending my spot, and he parked next to hers. She saw his kaenen wing and fell in love. I was glad as I love those spoilers too. So I'm sure she'll be on here asking questions and posting up as we do things to it. Glad to see this place is still plugging along.

Mustanger

Reaction score
Super clean car! Congrats! I love the color & when you get the wheels on it & a few other things you won't believe it is the same car! Nice plans for the future!

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Wow, back from the dead here. My wife still has this car. Plans have changed a bit, as a friend traded his shortblock to me for some work on his coyote swap. Shortblock is cobra steel crank, I beam rods, forged DSS custom pistons, canton pan, melling oil pump, aluminum WAP block, arp main, side and head studs and bolts. I still have to do up the heads and I have a set of custom cams I got used for it so she'll have her idle soumd she likes. Still have the procharger and the PI intake with 42lb inj.
We pucked up a Dirty Dog 4R70W and took it back to him and had Allen go through it. Good thing because she started to pull away from a light and the torque converter let loose. My buddy Will and I swapped the trans out for the built unit. Works great.
I'll start a build thread when I get it into the shop and get started. Right now it's just a spiderweb storage unit in the house garage and reading this thread has shown me how much I suck as a husband. It's been 7 years. Funny how time skates by.