New to the board!

Rhazer-31

New Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hello everyone!

I'm new on this forum
I'm Rien Groeneweg, 25 years old and i come from Holland. (so sorry, if my English is not so good :))

I drive a 1996 Mustang GT (SN95 off-course (love those the most))
It has a few mods on it like,
*CAI *chipped
*PI heads
*Eaton posi
*Eibach pro suspension
*underdrive pulleys
*flowmasters.
*3.73 gears

this is my second stang, before this one i had an '96 V6, but i wanted something faster and most of all i like the sound of an V8, and since i live in Holland 99 out of 100 cars are 4 cylinders :p i had to have an V8.
The only problem is that when i want to challenge someone for a race at the traffic lights it's an VW Golf or an Civic ;D
I allways win :laugh:
The car i have is the only one of it's kind in Holland, there are no other silver GT's (at least i never saw one at a club of Forum, and that makes me Stang kinda unique in Holland.
The only thing is that if i need some parts, that i have to order them from the states which is very expensive!
mostly it costs 3 times the price you guys pay for the parts.
My car came from California, (yorba linda) it also has the little window sticker from the garage that used to take care of it.
in 2003 she came to Holland with 73.000 miles on it, and exactly 1 year ago i bought the car for €10.000 (that's $13.300)
and that's a really nice price for a car like this in Holland!

In about two weeks i drive this car to Poland for a 2 week vacation, a nice trip of 700 miles.
i hope i don't make you jalouse but i drive 500 miles trough Germany which has NO SPEED LIMIT!!! :drunk: :banana:

Well enough typing now, here are some pics..
hpim05116qu.jpg

hpim05121tr.jpg


Greetz. Rien.. :dancing6:
 

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
23,204
Reaction score
2
Welcome to the fourms bud :thumb: Glad to see you here, that's quite a story must be pretty neat having the only GT there 8) Enjoy your stay and check out all our diffrent sections, we have something for everyone
 
welcome!

damn europe sucks... phew... $13,000 for a $3,500 car...

But If I was you... stuck in a place with half engined cars... I'd do the same...

ya'll like it here... great crowd...

what are your future planes for her?
 

Rhazer-31

New Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the welcome ;)

@ GREG: Yes Europe sucks when it comes to prices for U.S. cars, But on the other hand i have a very special car for Europe standards, a Mustang here is like a BMW M3 at your place, my little brother had an BMW M3 and a Subaru Impreza WRX STI, these cars are more standard over here, i don't want to be found dead in one of these cars :laugh:.

My plans for my car? phew! i have so many plans........... if i tell my wallet the plans i have it runs away scared ;D
I'd like to supercharge it (a little expensive right now), but first i need a new set of wheels because the wheater over here killed my original chrome wheels.

Rien..
 
Rhazer-31 said:
Thanks for the welcome ;)

@ GREG: Yes Europe sucks when it comes to prices for U.S. cars, But on the other hand i have a very special car for Europe standards, a Mustang here is like a BMW M3 at your place, my little brother had an BMW M3 and a Subaru Impreza WRX STI, these cars are more standard over here, i don't want to be found dead in one of these cars :laugh:.

My plans for my car? phew! i have so many plans........... if i tell my wallet the plans i have it runs away scared ;D
I'd like to supercharge it (a little expensive right now), but first i need a new set of wheels because the wheater over here killed my original chrome wheels.

Rien..

the wheater? lol... :rollinglaugh:

What kind of supercharger are you looking into? wheels?

and i got a little question here...

I have a bud from GERMANY... he comes to my town every summer... and we got him hooked on SKOAL... Is there skoal in your area? have you ever seen it in europe?

Usually I send
 

Rhazer-31

New Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Yeah, it seems chrome rims are not great in combination with the salt they throw on the roads when it snows,
when there are small damages in the chrome the salt gets in there and ruins the chrome coating i think.

For the wheels: I've seen some nice wheels on some pictures over here, the same as i have now but the brushed aluminium ones.

And about the SKOAL? never heard of it. actually i had to search on google to find out what it was and no i've never seen it around here..


Rien..
 
Rhazer-31 said:
Yeah, it seems chrome rims are not great in combination with the salt they throw on the roads when it snows,
when there are small damages in the chrome the salt gets in there and ruins the chrome coating i think.

For the wheels: I've seen some nice wheels on some pictures over here, the same as i have now but the brushed aluminium ones.

And about the SKOAL? never heard of it. actually i had to search on google to find out what it was and no i've never seen it around here..


Rien..

lol... yuh i figured that...

condition! yeh... salt destroys cars... try to keep it away from salt...

you have more pics?
 

95KBGT

Legend
Joined
Apr 7, 2006
Messages
5,413
Reaction score
0
gorgeous car man. why is it 3x's as much for you? shipping? you need to find a buddy that works in shipping for UPS. IMO a KB and some Cobra R's would look fantastic on there, but im kinda partial
 
95KBGT said:
gorgeous car man. why is it 3x's as much for you? shipping? you need to find a buddy that works in shipping for UPS. IMO a KB and some Cobra R's would look fantastic on there, but im kinda partial

i work ups (til the 24th)

unless he makes friends with some way up guy... that wont help him at all
 

97vertstang

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
2,879
Reaction score
1
thats a beautiful stang, and yorba linda is onli 20min away from where i live.its crazy how that car is 5000 miles away.being from california u know its in good condition and no rust.great find and keep represnting the stangs in the netherlands!!!!!
 

SvtBlack95

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
2,594
Reaction score
1
awesome stang man..... expensive stang but im sure a car like that is an exotic car thats why its alot compared to here in america
 

Rhazer-31

New Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I have seen the Cobra R wheels, and they look great on this car for sure!

@ 95KBGT: yes the shipping costs are quite expensive and the taxes here for the parts are pretty high, last time i needed to change the gear oil, so i ordered 2 bottles of gear oil.
they send me a reply they only ship to Holland when i ordered for $50 or more, so i ordered a couple of spark plugs, some ATF, and filters. The total was now $70, they emailed me back the shipping costs were $135, and when in Holland i pay taxes over the parts so the total would be 70+135+20=225.

@5.HOE : that's cool that you live 20 minutes from yorba Linda, and your right about the car, it's in very good condition.
What's yorba Linda for a place? I never bin there, but I'd like to know what in what kind of place my car drove for 7 years.
It may be a strange question but interesting for me :dancing6:

Rien..
 

SMOKE

Active Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
675
Reaction score
0
Welcome to the site. Car looks great and thanks for sharing.
 

97vertstang

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
2,879
Reaction score
1
oh yorba linda is VERY NICE!!!!! theres a huge golf course. mostly new houses 30 min away from Los Angeles california.no snow, very little rain, nice all around weather, sunny most of the time. LOTS of traffic there :santa_grin: .like i said very nice place and the car must have been taking good care off. anything else u want to know just ask :santa_afro:
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
74,991
Messages
1,454,223
Members
13,624
Latest member
Thilton247

Members online

Top