newbie here any comments or thoughts on car welcome 96 cobra procharged

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nice cobra! Welcome to the forums.

Are you looking for lowering or better Handeling?

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! WHITE SN95 COBRA FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tokico HP blues are garbage, have gone through two sets of them on my cw cobra and they keep going on me. The eibachs are even worse. They are too soft to offer any performance. They took a little longer to give out than the blues though. Still garbage. Haivng to replace them twice in a year is ridiculous. I should have learned the first time.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! WHITE SN95 COBRA FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tokico HP blues are garbage, have gone through two sets of them on my cw cobra and they keep going on me. The eibachs are even worse. They are too soft to offer any performance. They took a little longer to give out than the blues though. Still garbage. Haivng to replace them twice in a year is ridiculous. I should have learned the first time.

I don't have a problem with mine, and they been on the car for almost 3-4yrs with 2 different spring setups. Hey, I live up North were 90% of the nations worst roads concentrate here so I don't know how can they be garbage. I have them paired up with H&R super sports and they seem great. I dont know what else you can upgrade to maybe blisteins because that's the highest quality shock you can get as far as I know, and if those go out on you, its not a shock and strut problem....its something else.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with mine, and they been on the car for almost 3-4yrs with 2 different spring setups. Hey, I live up North were 90% of the nations worst roads concentrate here so I don't know how can they be garbage. I have them paired up with H&R super sports and they seem great. I dont know what else you can upgrade to maybe blisteins because that's the highest quality shock you can get as far as I know, and if those go out on you, its not a shock and strut problem....its something else.

That's the thing that has me confused; my GT has H&R super sports with the tokico blues and it rides perfectly and everything is great. So I thought maybe the blues are not compatible with the B springs on my Cobra, BUT that can't be because that's basically what mach 1's have. I assure you that those Northern roads you travel on are far more worse than the AZ roads which are actually all pretty new as AZ allocates a good chunk of change to it's highways and roads. Our roads rarely ever have a pothole. They are pretty darn smooth roads.

I will be upgrading to Bilsteins either in a week or when summer break is here for school. It's odd that they keep on going out the cobra. Thought maybe my installation procedure was wrong but nope had others double check it for me. I'm getting quite frustrated with the suspension on my snake. What other problem can it be? I might start a thread about this and post my install method and see if anyone can find the problem. I'm wanting to hold back until summer break but the car is so annoying to DD, no chicks in it to complain though.

OP
OP
crazy5772

crazy5772

Reaction score
Now i am confused on what I should do. I have read a couple reviews on the blues and eibachs. Everyone had good things to say.I also checked out stangsuspension.com I think I am leaning toward the mm starterbox kit. Wasnt sure how much it lowers the car. Also thanks for all the positive comments , and 97gt good luck with your cobra I am curious to see what fixes its issues