nitrous backfire???

OP
OP
daracboy82

daracboy82

Reaction score
Did a pressure test on the coolant system today...Held 16 psi for over 30 mins.. While i was scouting for leaks, i found this...

IMAG0416.jpg

IMAG0415.jpg

Back of the intake is blew out...Can almost shine a flashlight in the crack and see the inside...Has a crack running along the runner also that you can see in the pics...Guess this shall be my problem...Guess its time for the PI intake i've been holding onto for 2 years...

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Very nice. The pi swap ain't hard at all tapping the manifold is a piece of cake

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
Did a pressure test on the coolant system today...Held 16 psi for over 30 mins.. While i was scouting for leaks, i found this...

IMAG0416.jpg

IMAG0415.jpg

Back of the intake is blew out...Can almost shine a flashlight in the crack and see the inside...Has a crack running along the runner also that you can see in the pics...Guess this shall be my problem...Guess its time for the PI intake i've been holding onto for 2 years...
this is common problem like i said earlier

twovalveterror

Reaction score
I'm just beginning to learn about nitrous. but a backfire will usually call the intake into question. have you made sure you don't have any fine cracks or the like on the manifold? if you were spraying from a low rpm, then some of the nitrous could have pooled in the intake until air started flowing. causing the backfire. for this reason, when I get my kit, I'll be using a window switch in conjunction with the WOT. it allows the nitrous to kick in at a pre-determined rpm at WOT so it doesn't have a chance to pool.

called it!

glad you got it figured out man.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willd492

Members online