nitrous backfire???

OP
OP
daracboy82

daracboy82

Reaction score
Gonna go check compression on the cylinders now to try to see if my problem is internal....ill be back with the results...

OP
OP
daracboy82

daracboy82

Reaction score
Tuner takes out 2 degrees of timing between 3-6000.

Just finished the compression test and 2 of the cylinders were lower than the others. Added a drop of oil to both and the psi came up on both. Making them all around the same number.... The 2 that were low were on opposite sides of the motor. Numbers 3 and 5 cylinders...

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
You should pressure test the coolant system to see if you have a leak see if it holds pressure if it doesn't you should be able to find the leak

miss2slocoupe

Reaction score
Obviously

Sent from hell

seriously leave me the fuck alone! i did absolutely nothing to you!!! you are about one of the most childish people i have ever met along with brett!!! I really cant believe you are going to bash someone and be so hateful! you need to get a freaking life and grow the fuck up! You get all butthurt and pissy because i sent you a PM saying how it is and you have to be a little cry baby bitch and post it on facebook... you couldnt be a mature person and handle it in PMs.. poor baby :(. I may not know everything about cars but everything ive said has been true facts. Like when you called me out saying the numbers a provided for building a 4v v.s. 5.0 are wrong... ARE YOU STUPID!?!?! I have written proof of the numbers LMAO

what ever though you will just go off talking about the same shit you always do and think your always right and bash people for trying to learn...

oh and if i dont remember right everytime you have "helped" me with my car, you have 100% WRONG! keep your comment to your self

sorry OP i went off on a rant. Apprently your not allowed to ask questions with out getting bash

OP
OP
daracboy82

daracboy82

Reaction score
seriously leave me the fuck alone! i did absolutely nothing to you!!! you are about one of the most childish people i have ever met along with brett!!! I really cant believe you are going to bash someone and be so hateful! you need to get a freaking life and grow the fuck up! You get all butthurt and pissy because i sent you a PM saying how it is and you have to be a little cry baby bitch and post it on facebook... you couldnt be a mature person and handle it in PMs.. poor baby :(. I may not know everything about cars but everything ive said has been true facts. Like when you called me out saying the numbers a provided for building a 4v v.s. 5.0 are wrong... ARE YOU STUPID!?!?! I have written proof of the numbers LMAO

what ever though you will just go off talking about the same shit you always do and think your always right and bash people for trying to learn...

oh and if i dont remember right everytime you have "helped" me with my car, you have 100% WRONG! keep your comment to your self

sorry OP i went off on a rant. Apprently your not allowed to ask questions with out getting bash

It's fine. I understand.

Went and bought a new maf. No luck. Car still runs like shit. I give up!! Just gonna haul it to a shop....

Thx for all the help and suggestions!!! Great info from all!

miss2slocoupe

Reaction score
It's fine. I understand.

Went and bought a new maf. No luck. Car still runs like shit. I give up!! Just gonna haul it to a shop....

Thx for all the help and suggestions!!! Great info from all!

WOW that really sucks :/ hope you have good shops who can help you and not charge you out the ass :(

itsblue95

Reaction score
I was watching at the line one time a Mustang lauched on the spray and it backfired. I watched the upper intake and his hood go about 15 feet in the air.

was this car a white foxbody at an NMRA event? if so that was my buddy's dad and it did alot more then just blow the intake and hood off.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
You should pressure test the coolant system to see if you have a leak see if it holds pressure if it doesn't you should be able to find the leak

Read this ? A compression test won't tell you if blew a gasket or have a cracked intake manifold nearly as easy as pressure testing ur coolant system. It will save you a tow and a shop bill.

the.greg

Reaction score
^+1 I'd check the head gasket and intake manifold before I took it to a shop.

BYEBYE2U

Reaction score
hey Donnie,like said above check the head gasket.thats what it sounds like to me.and man you BETTER get this thing fixed before MW or i'm gonna have to get you LOL! i'm sorry you are having trouble bro and i hope you get it right without it being alot wrong.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea pressure testing will take like 2 minutes pump it up and see if you can find water pissing out or it not holding pressure.

MadStang

Reaction score

how the fuck did i get dragged into this? Whatever beef you two have is between you two, as I said on MM you made most of your comments pretty damn personal whether you intended on them being that way or not and that's why I took offense. Get the fuck over it and move on or a the very least leave me out of your high school drama.

Twics97

Reaction score
Like Mustard said, I would do a preasure test on the coolant system to check to see if it's losing coolant. I've blown a couple head gaskets and on one of them, same thing car ran like shit didn't know it was a head gasket until I took it to the track a couple days later and the gasket finally let loose all the way. I would think if it wasn't that big of a kit, it would be the head gasket before anything else.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
If its head gaskets I'd get some mls gaskets that's what I usually run on nitrous setups or lockwire gaskets but then ur heads would need to be machined for em. Im going to be running 2 stages on my car this year. So will see how it holds up lol

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score

Are you mad bro?

Sent from hell

OP
OP
daracboy82

daracboy82

Reaction score
I'll do a coolant test tomorrow to try to rule that out...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fl510

Members online