Nitrous setup?

1994Gtvert

Reaction score
Ok...I'm looking at all options here for boost. Trying to figure out what's best for me. Supercharger, turbo, or nitrous. As for a nitrous setup, would this be good, and what I'm I missing/suggestions for as safe setup you could do?

http://www.jegs.com/i/Nitrous-Express/744/20421-10/10002/-1

pressure gauge, purge kit, fuel pressure regulator, blow down kit, and custom tune.

i want too run a 100-150hp shot, my goal is 400+hp/tq at the rear. Motor is built for boost, using 24lbs injectors, matching MAF, 255lpg intank fuel pump, colder plugs "but need suggestion". I don't have a base dyno numbers of the motor n/a yet. But I will before the car is jetted for nitrous, so I can see how large a shot I would need.

thanks for any info,

bill

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
It really depends on personal preference. All 3 power adders have very different benefits/cons. Nitrous Express is definitely one of your top notch companies for nitrous, and again safety features depends how crazy you want to get. If going nitrous, I would look into a plate kit rather than a single nozzle. I've personally had blower setups and am building a turbo car and on my blower setup did have an NX plate kit but never got around to putting it on. Ask away, there are some very knowledgeable guys that can help you out. It really depends what your budget is because you can go from spending $500 for a nitrous kit to spending $7k for a turbo setup..

OP
OP
1994Gtvert

1994Gtvert

Reaction score
I found this in both 5 & 10 lbs bottles. Other then the obvious bigger bottle holds more. Is there other advantages i.e. One bottle holds pressure better or etc? Has anyone used kits like this? How hard is it too adjust the jets, or access the plate for any reasons? It doesn't look like it has new bolts for the upper. So now it's a search for correct bolt sizes.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/nex-20101-05/overview/

I really wanted too do a roots blower, too much fab work needed. I looked at turbos, and read that a lot of people have to move or loss abs module, or fitment issues with the k-member. Vortech and procharger will cause me headaches with my alt or ps pump. I seem too can't win this battle of boost. I would like too have some type of power adder at all times. I want too keep it simple, but also allow me to go full boar later on if I choose too. When push comes to shove, the only time I will truly need boost. Is at the track, not during my weekend rides. So nitrous seems too be a better option. i just want to make sure I do it right, and as safe as I can. So finding a good tuner is a must, no matter the type of boost.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Those kits tend to work a lot better then the nozzle style kits in the intake . I've ran nozzle style in the intake on a few of my mustangs in the past with great results . I always wanted one of these setups . I ran a 125 shot on a stock 5.0 for like 2 years so if you do it right she'll take it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online