NO CRANK/NO START

PALESKIN

Reaction score
So I'm officially lost. The other day when I was going home from work and I had my radio on I was hearing a weird noise coming from the radio so I shut it off (the sound disappeared), but later that day when I went to publix I came back to my car and found that my car wouldn't crank at all, like no clicking, no sound at all, dash lights didn't even come on. I jumped the car and got it home fine. Next day I went to advance auto, and had my battery, and alternator checked. Both came back with clean results. I went to work after that and when I went on break my car again wouldn't crank or start. I jumped it, and got it back to work. When I parked and shut it off I decided to check to see if the car would start after I turned it off. Nothing, but when I pulled the headlight button out to turn on the headlights the engine would crank. Confused? I am. Again today I went to college, parked my car, turned it off, and tried to crank it to see if it would work and nothing happened, but when I tried to use my lock button on my alarm button the locks worked, and I tested to see if it would crank and it did. WTF. Does anyone know why these little things are letting me crank my car? And what could be the cause? My friend said it could be a parasitic drain, but that kinda makes no sense to me.
newthread.php

blackdemon007

Reaction score
First - remove the terminals from the battery and clean all connections.

If that doesn't solve the issue, then I would suspect some sort of electrical connection in the dash area.

Addermk2

Reaction score
Your Prius Plug In needs to be charged...

Oh wait, you dont have a Prius? Maybe you should clue us in as to what you drive.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
start simple and check the battery and ground connections. By "check" I mean remove them, clean both sides of the terminals(even if they look clean you are here now anyway) and then tighten them back down again till you can pull/yank on the connections and they do NOT move at all. These battery tools are often only a couple bucks at the autofarts store and cheaper at harbor freight and are great to have in your tool box for times like this.

http://www.autozone.com/test-scan-a...ry-post-and-terminal-cleaner-brush/95999_0_0/

OP
OP
PALESKIN

PALESKIN

Reaction score
Your Prius Plug In needs to be charged...

Oh wait, you dont have a Prius? Maybe you should clue us in as to what you drive.
It's a 98 stang, v6. I've cleaned out the battery terminals and that didn't work. The next step I did was take out the radio fuse and that seemed to have solved it, but the car still feels weak and it feels like it's being drained little by little.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online

No members online now.