no go past 300 rpm!

oemracing

Reaction score
What would make an engine start only to 300 rpm's then kill over?
First start of the morning- 1500 rpms for a few seconds, then drop to 500, give it throttle it revs a little but sounds congested.
Not sure what it could be.
Thought it was gas, so I put some fuel shit in the tank yesterday.

OP
OP
O

oemracing

Reaction score
dang still nothing from anyone?
I re cleaned the iacv today.
re torqued the intake manifolds, upper and lower.
took off the throttle body and cleaned it up, re installed.
..... haha, like how the mods put engine running under my name. should state- was running, now looking like a monkey fn a football troubleshooting it.
Here is another thing- I plugged off the egr diaphrams vaccum lines, tried starting. same thing.
checked the coil packs and spark.
at the spark plug its like a 5.0 stock spark. tink tink tink. what I was expecting a ZAP ZAP ZAP!
After re torquing the intake manifold gaskets, I tried starting it. doesnt want to pick up at 300 then die over. guess I am a little closer, or a little further from a problem.

OP
OP
O

oemracing

Reaction score
intake manifolds are el' crapo.
Took the manifold off, gaskets are worn. about a cup of water in the intake.
Intake tab on the front was getting tightened a little, and snapped the tab. ffff..!!!!
So now searching for a new intake cover, and possible repairs.

OP
OP
O

oemracing

Reaction score
intake manifold back... new manifold gaskets on. Same problem. think I have cracked heads. fuda muda. Still thinking of going with a different setup, massivly over budget myself on this car. like 20k over budget, and just scream 1200 ft lbs of torque. compound boost gets expensive, and so does all the details of everything. especially when your going to build it to match another mustang. I have a 91 LX black/silver interior. found a black/silver dash. to bad the evo is just totally off being white.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online