O/R H + Mini Cats

A_+

Reaction score
I’m thinking about adding some mini cats to the MAC H-pipe. If anyone has done this, where did you place the cats? Did you clamp them on or have them welded?

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
I just added some Flowmaster mini cats to my car to pass emissions. I put them right behind the headers and used clamps so they can be removed. They are only 8" long so I'm kind of suprised they passed emissions.

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
Right behind the header?! I hope I can fit mine right in front of the muffler. I don’t think I have enough room but I’ll get down there to double check.

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
With an H pipe you should be able to put them in front of the H.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
Well, they have to be welded in so I guess I’ll let the shop worry about it. Funny thing, I’m calling around for shops to get this done and people are acting like it’s a trap! I’m asking for prices and so far I got a “idk” and “a couple hundred dollars” I guess they’re scared.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I got an off road pipe last time and I have been wanting to add cats to it since. Calling to ask them that is a pretty good loaded question as it depends on what is up there now and with out putting eyes on it I would imagine they are scared to give a quote.

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
Last call , the guy lectured me how he doesn’t remove catalytic converters and referenced some law and even told me the price of the fine! I don’t think he heard what I said [emoji1787] I’ll probably just have to drive around.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had wondered if there was liability of working on a car with out cats, even if they are adding them. I thought some states were pretty serious about that crap.

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
If you need them to pass emissions like in NM the emissions tester is supposed to look under the car to make sure you have them. Even though they just plug into the OBD2 port for the actual test. The last 2 times I have gotten my car tested they didn't even look under the car...

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
I’m in Texas. I can shoot off my cats with one of my 3 AR15’s and still pass. I’m just tired of smelling like exhaust. I have 3 AR’s because I can’t fish with only one.

Last edited:

Werecow

Reaction score
Here in SW VA as of yet, they don't do any sniffers. The rest depends on where you get your annual inspection sticker. Most of the time they don't even look for cats, unless you pull in with something that's got a modified exaust, then they'll look to see if they're on it.... Unless you know the place you're getting the sticker from.. They do frown on dumps in front of the axle tho, they want it behind the axle out the back bumper or at least behind the back tyres.. And I've never heard of anyone around here getting turned down for a smog pump or an EGR...

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I’m in Texas. I can shoot off my cats with one of my 3 AR15’s and still pass. I’m just tired of smelling like exhaust. I have 3 AR’s because I can’t fish with only one.
Good fishing

Darkhorse95

Reaction score
I bought mine from a used dealership and it didn’t have cats on it then. I’ve thought about doing the same thing myself... just haven’t got around to it yet, but in Alabama we don’t have a sniff test either.

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
El Paso
Is it possible to buy the pipe that comes after the header? Can I buy the pipe with o2 bungs?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
El Paso
Is it possible to buy the pipe that comes after the header? Can I buy the pipe with o2 bungs?
you can get an X or and H style pipe. They sound a little different from one another but performance is pretty close on either. It normally comes with a bung in it, if you want to run one on each side you will need to add one.

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
Well, I’ve been looking at X pipes online and the location that the CAts are placed are on the same place that I would be placing mine so I don’t see what the difference is. I’d just like a new pipe. I appreciate the offer but Idk what I’m gonna do. Might just end up getting a whole new system [emoji3064]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online