Header panel R&R

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I unknowingly approved the cutting of the header brace behind the headlights for my ill-fated attempt at an LED conversion.
And there’s really no feasible way to repair it, so I’m replacing it. Ordered one from LMR ($70) along with a set of new PDI headlights. Should get this buttoned back up shortly after the parts arrive.
Really wasn’t too hard or time-consuming, except for the 4 nuts up under the front part of the quarter panels. But even then, was nothing compared to some of the R&R I’ve done before!
IMG_1228.jpeg

Last edited:

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I’m on my second header panel from LMR and they work well. I broke the first one by over tightening the four bolts that hold it to the core support brackets. Hand tight will suffice!

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’m on my second header panel from LMR and they work well. I broke the first one by over tightening the four bolts that hold it to the core support brackets. Hand tight will suffice!
White95,
Thank you for the advice! I could see myself tightening the heck out of those thinking it needed it for rigidity. You probably just saved me from disaster. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
White95,
Man, thanks again. The header panel arrived today from LMR. First thing I noticed was the weight difference. This Taiwanese replacement is about 1/3 the weight of the OE one. Pretty thin, so will definitely go easy on tightening the bolts down… and pretty much will go gingerly with the whole install! I also noticed some minor QC issues with holes not being cut out cleanly, but those I can razor blade if necessary.

I also ordered the PDI smoked headlight housings. They look ok, too but again, some minor QC matters like glue slopped onto the top corner and dripping on the face; a little wavy section on the weatherstripping; and a bit of separation between casing and lens (but I think it’s fine)

We shall see this Wednesday, my next day off with time enough to get everything put back together!

IMG_1241.jpegIMG_1240.jpegIMG_1239.jpegIMG_1238.jpegIMG_1242.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I got everything buttoned back up…
IMG_1246.jpeg
Took a little tinkering here and there, but nothing major: had to poke holes for the side marker locating pins on both sides and I added those black plastic screw-on nuts to the side marker posts because I wanted to cinch in for a tad better fitment.
Took me a few hours, but I’m off tomorrow so Ieas on no hurry (except to watch the Stanley Cup final!)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Didn’t even crack it! (thanks to you ++)

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Update: I’m just waiting for the custom-built headlight assemblies that Brandon at MaddRetros is putting together for me. Should be another week or so. I’ve already installed the batch of LED bulbs he sent first: dome, map, trunk, fogs and rear markers. And, the good people at LMR have sent me a RMA to return a perfectly good set of PDI smoked headlights for my ‘95 Cobra for a full refund. I had ordered those after the shop refunded me for the unsuccessful LED conversion.

Just throwing in an update. Need to show a light at the end of this tunnel called “LED Upgrade@!

Cheers everyone!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online