O2 Sensors

Blueraz_5.0

Reaction score
So I installed an off-road X on my 94, (not sure of the brand, I picked it up from my local summit racing on impulse), and on the right side the O2 sensor doesn't fit. The end is too long to fit against the frame. It was a premade hole that came with the pipe, as so far as I can tell my only option would be to plug that hole and drill another further down and weld in a new bung for the sensor. Any other easier ideas?

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nope. That’s pretty much your only option, unfortunately. Just make sure the O2 sensor is pointing upward as much as possible and as close to the collector tube as possible.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
do you have the original exhaust where it bolts up to header , cut that to weld in your x off road , with the o2 bung
is another way it could be done

OP
OP
Blueraz_5.0

Blueraz_5.0

Reaction score
I do have the original, but I don't think it would fit quite right, its a salvage, and has a tiny bit of frame damage on the front, just enough to make bolting that x-pipe on a pita.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
do you have the original exhaust where it bolts up to header , cut that to weld in your x off road , with the o2 bung
is another way it could be done
Excellent suggestion, Rau03mach!

OP
OP
Blueraz_5.0

Blueraz_5.0

Reaction score
As awesome as amazon is I might have to use it as an excuse to head down to summit racing again :)

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Along time ago we used to have huge parts warehouse , it was a performance center as well a little larger than half the size of a football field all parts Chevy , dodge ford , and import I would hang out like a kid in a candy store
if you have ever of super shops you know what im talking about
they got there start in California and grew , and then failed I believe store managers got greedy and they folded

OP
OP
Blueraz_5.0

Blueraz_5.0

Reaction score
Along time ago we used to have huge parts warehouse , it was a performance center as well a little larger than half the size of a football field all parts Chevy , dodge ford , and import I would hang out like a kid in a candy store
if you have ever of super shops you know what im talking about
they got there start in California and grew , and then failed I believe store managers got greedy and they folded
Damn, that sounds really cool.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Super shops was a big part of drag racing
Around the 80s and early 90s
Good old school drag racing

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member