Obd2 doesn't read

Stock982v

Reaction score
Hello everyone I have a 1998 mustang gt , I tried to get the engine code read and the scanner didn't power up , he told me to replace a cigarette fuse and I should be good , I did that and of course didn't work , I took the radio out and little trim looked back there and there was a Red and yellow wire disconnected from that area.Can anyone tell me how to put it back or where it even goes? It is the red wire in the bottom left.
IH5tRMr

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, pics please. Do your cigarette lighter/accessory ports work?

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I assume you mean the wire that starts off as yellow, and then turns to red after the electrical tape? This is something someone did - certainly not factory. Where does the yellow wire come from?

Do your cigarette lighter/accessory ports work?

OP
OP
S

Stock982v

Reaction score
Yes that's the wire I'm talking about , the previous owner did some stuff to have a led light above the brake and gas pedal , I Dont know if the cigarette light works. I'll have yo try it later when I get the car charger out of my moms car

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
There are a number of extra wires in there that should not be needed. If it is not wrapped up in a harness and insulated then follow where it goes. If it goes no where then either cut it off and insulate it or or tie it up out of the way after insulating it.

Don't bother with your manual to try and figure out which fuse to check. Its less time to pull/inspect all 10-12 fuses then to go through the manual and then we can be sure they are all good. Don't forget the fuses under the hood as well. Do the fuses after the wires...

Reaction score
i think its time to cut your loses and set the car on fire...you know..for insurance reasons...

not because your mad or anything..

not at all...

or because theres spiders in the car...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online