Oh god! I just can’t do it anymore!!!

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
It’s just too damn HOT! It’s not even July yet! Heat index makes 95 “feel like 112!” Typically I ride around topless from March to November, almost 9 months out of the year. But I just can’t do it anymore. Can’t go to any shows/events either. Why on earth are people moving here?!?

72568C0C-0C4B-4911-8310-D635028553AF.jpg

So as I made the tough decision to install the hardtop for the very first summer, I realized that I never actually show off just how I go about doing it.

8A1A8DC1-8AE7-44F2-AF78-95CA00CBD9BF.jpeg
7D13CF1B-8CB1-4E92-9DE9-A2F0B517B83E.jpeg

How the top used to be stored in the summer:

03CE0CAC-A4AA-4E6C-8E6F-C66CA0BC06B5.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
Shit, I'd feel lucky just to own one of those removable hardtops.
I’m just thankful my husband got the AC to work. It had gotten so bad that it wouldn’t even hold refrigerant for more than a week! Entire dash had to come out. Before, I would just have to roll all four windows down, and make SN95 enthusiasts wonder how on earth I did it. Or just put the top down completely.

Bronco2Fan

Reaction score
I feel your pain. I live in the Ft. Hood (Cavasos) area. Was too cold this winter and we went from ok weather to scorching. Can't get shit done lol.

MSTCBRA

Reaction score
It’s 65 degrees here in IL. I think it barely hit 70 today. For mid-June it’s incredibly cool.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
That's like damn near desert plains condition, before peak summer. Reminds me of the times I spent in actual deserts on a different continent. Yucky.

weendoggy

Reaction score
You need wipers out here. Summer in Central Coast of CA. Gotta' love the natural AC. Taking the Cobra out for it's run to bkfst. no wipers, no top...bundle up 'yall. :cool:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can't say I don't miss Az at all in the summer at least a little bit, but I do remember burning my leg on the moving truck bumper the day I moved in. It is easy to miss in the winter.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Do deserts have insane humidity? Because checking the mail here is like stepping into a hot shower fully clothed.
Depends. I've been two separate locations in Kuwait, which is a small country. One was costal and that was 130+ with full humidity and people were walking around like zombies because they don't know that hydration is life. Other side was the high desert, same temps but almost no humidity and was at times kind of pleasant even when it was that hot.

OP
OP
MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
I was in Santa Fe last week and it pissed me off! I stepped outside and was confused as hell. I was trying to figure out how they were able to air condition the parking lot. It felt nice. But desert in June!

Was in Vegas last year late May. It was 100 degrees there and I was again pissed! It was hot, but no where near as hot as the 90 something we had back home. I was able to walk around all day in that. Not fair!

dallas is considered a humid-subtropical climate, according to google.

I swear it didn’t used to be though. I don’t think it was like this when I was a kid playing outside in the summer for hours at a time. I used to NEVER use the AC in my mustang. If it was too hot, I’d put the top down and that was enough. But now it would be like blowing a hair dryer in your face. I don’t think my ancestors would’ve ever settled here if it were this bad. Strange how a land locked city could even have such a climate. I wonder in the next century or two if we’ll have our own rainforest. Bye bye prairies.

South Texas temp was 104 with heat index of 117. Im staying inside, I do things in the morning or the late evening.

You’re able to do that without being eaten alive?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online