Oil pressure

Alocalguy1337

Reaction score
The other day my oil pressure guage was moving side to side very fast now its showing low im also having an issue with my coolant guage not moving

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Sounds like a Ford...lol

Seriously tho, the oil pressure sensor is a simple switch that requires like 5psi of pressure to actuate. Its probably faulty and very common to fail. Its location is around the oil filter. Cheap part, easy to swap. Be sure the plug is on good and the wire isnt damaged too.

Im also throwing out there the possibility of some sort of bad connection or wiring gremlin ....IF.....both gauges are acting funny at the sametime.

We here to help. Just keep us informed

badass98svt

Reaction score
The oil pressure sensor is a simple switch that requires like 5psi of pressure to actuate. Its probably faulty and very common to fail.

This is all true. However, the last time my Oil pressure gauge did as described, I spun a bearing. (back and forth quickly before showing low oil pressure)

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
make sure that wire connection is no good and tight with no corrosion on post
that plug in is a pain in the ass coming lose and the signal is all over the place

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Some of these gauges actually share common sensor grounds and/or common voltage supply. Not saying it is or isn't in your case, but it might be it. What year/model?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sn951992

Members online