Oil puddle inside intake manifold?

Ineedav8

Reaction score
I was told I should start looking into rebuilding a new motor or do a motor swap after a friend saw the puddle ? Car has a breather set up and doesnt smoke or have any blow by compression checked out average is it normal? I originally thought it was excess water from scrubbing the intake for prep of paint that i missed but a paper towel determined that wasnt the case

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
Whoa! The baffles are not going to make a difference then. You should hook up the factory system the way it is suppose to be with a PCV valve. But if neither port from the valve covers is hooked up to the intake then you do have a problem. There really is only one other way for the oil to get in there. And the engine is probably wounded. Difficult to say for sure without standing there touching it.

Jake

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
OK. Do they all have oil in the bottom of the intake? In there is only so many ways for that oil to get there. Also you're not making any horsepower with open element breathers. So why do it?

Jake

OP
OP
Ineedav8

Ineedav8

Reaction score
It was cleaner and i went from a catch can set up to breathers all in the effort of making my engine bay cleaner as well as me breaking my original pcv valve lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online