Oil/seal issues...please help

NotQuik

Reaction score
Alright, bought car had AODE, always had oil leak from day one....removed trans and replaced with tremec and changed rear main at same time, still leaked. Throw out bearing failed removed trans replaced clutch (smoked it) replaced rear main again, still leaked...drove for awhile front main now leaking too (harmonic balancer went bad) removed trans again replaced rear main (Just to make sure I wasn't losing it or doing it wrong, Mechanic friend of mine did it and no scaring on crank whatsoever to just get that out) also replaced oil pan gasket this time around as well, and frpp sfi harmonic balancer too, still leaking at front and rear main. I still have vibrations I can feel as car revs up....i'm thinking is it possible for main bearing to go bad and cause play in the crank and in turn cause my vibrations/leak issues? Any help or suggestions would be great.

Motor is stock BTW, and has about 124k miles if that's good for anything and wasn't well cared for before I bought it.

ripper

Reaction score
Im no mechanic so I dont know. But since iI dont see anymore posts here ill give you my .02 for what its worth. My new motor was installed and leaked on startup from rear seal. That seal has to be put in perfect or it will leak. Thats all i can say bud sorry.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online