One touch power down window module install

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
So I’ve had a one touch module for my passenger window for a few years now and just got around to installing it. When I got the module, the write up was still alive on mustang world, now it is gone. So I’m doing a semi-write up on it with a couple pictures for future reference.

First thing, acquire a module from the driver door of a mustang at the junkyard, make sure to cut some of the harness out of the donor car.

Remove the passenger door panel completely. Then strip back some of the tape on the window switch harness. 8F98D7FA-5F7E-4F47-857D-96F9330769EB.jpeg
We are going to use red/yellow, black, blue/black, and yellow/red.

The only circuit that needs to be broken is the red/yellow wire. This one will get cut and two wires from the module will connect to them. The red wire from the module harness goes down to the window motor, and the white wire from the module goes up to the switch like shown below. 063758EB-F224-4CC9-B62F-18FC481C3279.jpeg
Now the rest of the wires will just be spliced in to the circuit with corresponding colors. Black goes in the black wire, blue goes to the blue/black wire, and yellow goes in the yellow/red wire.

I chose to solder and heat shrink mine, but you can use butt connectors if you’d like. Just make sure they have adhesive shrink tubing on them. BE452DDD-DABC-4223-8D71-1D629159D360.jpeg32167638-BCFE-4175-AF1C-3E686D7B2633.jpeg

And that’s it for wiring. Now the window goes down with one touch from the driver and passenger switch.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
one piece of advice is the wires where you soldered two on one end, put a wire tie across the two wires to keep them from getting pulled apart if it should happen later.

I also have an extra one touch harness if anyone is wanting to add one.

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
one piece of advice is the wires where you soldered two on one end, put a wire tie across the two wires to keep them from getting pulled apart if it should happen later.

That’s a great point. I chose not to do that just because the heat shrink I have is very thick walled stuff and it doesn’t pull apart easily

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I use the marine grade myself also but I still like to use a small wire tie in cases like that. No less than 30 mins after I typed that out I found the exact same connection with no wire tie in a holley harness so its just over kill.

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
I use the marine grade myself also but I still like to use a small wire tie in cases like that. No less than 30 mins after I typed that out I found the exact same connection with no wire tie in a holley harness so its just over kill.
Overkill, or extra insurance? I see no problems with putting a zip tie on those wires

badass98svt

Reaction score

Yeah, I'd be interested. I've been meaning to do this, and I'm gonna have my interior apart in the next 6 weeks or so.

Makoto

Reaction score
i have a spare one touch harness if anybody wants it since i deleted that out of my car.

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
I’m seriously considering hitting a junk yard and grabbing two more to do one touch up as well.

OpalFrostGT

Reaction score
So I’ve had a one touch module for my passenger window for a few years now and just got around to installing it. When I got the module, the write up was still alive on mustang world, now it is gone. So I’m doing a semi-write up on it with a couple pictures for future reference.

First thing, acquire a module from the driver door of a mustang at the junkyard, make sure to cut some of the harness out of the donor car.

Remove the passenger door panel completely. Then strip back some of the tape on the window switch harness. View attachment 15339
We are going to use red/yellow, black, blue/black, and yellow/red.

The only circuit that needs to be broken is the red/yellow wire. This one will get cut and two wires from the module will connect to them. The red wire from the module harness goes down to the window motor, and the white wire from the module goes up to the switch like shown below. View attachment 15340
Now the rest of the wires will just be spliced in to the circuit with corresponding colors. Black goes in the black wire, blue goes to the blue/black wire, and yellow goes in the yellow/red wire.

I chose to solder and heat shrink mine, but you can use butt connectors if you’d like. Just make sure they have adhesive shrink tubing on them. View attachment 15341View attachment 15342

And that’s it for wiring. Now the window goes down with one touch from the driver and passenger switch.
outstanding photos! Truly well done!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99