Opal frost bumper color doesnt match the rest of the car!?

1994mustang3.8

Reaction score
Hey guys i have a 94 stang opal frost and i have notices that my bumper paint and tailight bezels dont match the other body at all, does anyone with an opal frost sn95 have this problem?

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
thats common on many, many, cars. Not just mustangs, not just opal frost.

The paint is on different materials, so the paint fades a bit different. The bumpers and bezzles on our cars are the #1 problems because they are 100% plastic. They absorb heat differently than the metal fenders or fiberglass hood. You're best bet is to start buffing it. Our paint-expert [MENTION=17027]whiplash473[/MENTION] can givbe you some pointers on properly cutting and rehabilitating older paint.

95opal

Reaction score
Nope ...but there is truth to what chris has stated especially with any paint that has pearl in it...Also could be possible that the bumper was repaired, resprayed along with the tails.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
MC and Opal are right on the money. Newer vehciles are sprayed in pieces at different locations nowadays, which is why you see a lot of front/rear bumper covers not matching on vehicles that are brand new (especially pearl whites). It wasn't like that as much back when our cars were made though. So the chances that it's from the factory are slim. Probability of them being repaired and not matched properly is much higher. The tail light bezels fade prematurely because it's cheap plastic that they use for them and they are almost always getting hit by sun.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Staff online

Members online