Opcon Autorotor Twin Screw Supercharger

Trill Gear Head

Reaction score
I've never herd of this? it was braught to my attention that this supercharger and that their are only a couple people with them. I am very intriguied by this. More info please!!!! prices on kits and would it fit on a 96-97 cobra?

OP
OP
T

Trill Gear Head

Reaction score
Really? it was in the 95 supercharger thread. heres a quote

94twinscrew
I luv my blower,but it's not a kb compressor anymore....I'm affiliated with Opcon/Autorotor,and I swapped out my 10 year old 1.7 for their new hybrid race 2.0. There's only three of us guys using it right now, and the thing is just a monster. In 3rd and 4th I can watch the boost stack up to 18psi before I pull out of it! Kb's are a good blower for 5.0's on the street,but you need meth to get the most out of it....without that,you'll be lucky to see 375 at the wheels. One of the guys (Tinman)that I talk to over on the Corral just hit over 570wrhp with his at 14psi on a 331 with afr's and cam.....he's going back for another shot with more timing to see if he can break 600whp(freakin crazy)lol

I have a local budy that just put on a 2.2 on his bone stock 89(w 42's &maf),and with the 14# pulley,he put down 346whp with 440 torque.....it doesn't sound like much,but he can't wipe the smile off his face.lol When you get serious about it, let me know....I can get the compressor's and snouts at dealer rates. All you would need would be the manifolds and bracket.

Thats where i herd it from, Opcon/Autorotor it caught my eye because i love the idea of positive displacement i.e. twin screw, forget twin-screw's bastardized cousin roots style s/c. I am very interested b/c KB is a tad bit expensive and if theirs another company that makes one comparable to it for less the price than i would be interested. I'm sort of biast when it comes to centrifugal s/c and twin-screw(like the low end power). I never herd of this company until i read that post so thats what i want to learn about.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
Trill Gear Head said:
Really? it was in the 95 supercharger thread. heres a quote

94twinscrew
I luv my blower,but it's not a kb compressor anymore....I'm affiliated with Opcon/Autorotor,and I swapped out my 10 year old 1.7 for their new hybrid race 2.0. There's only three of us guys using it right now, and the thing is just a monster. In 3rd and 4th I can watch the boost stack up to 18psi before I pull out of it! Kb's are a good blower for 5.0's on the street,but you need meth to get the most out of it....without that,you'll be lucky to see 375 at the wheels. One of the guys (Tinman)that I talk to over on the Corral just hit over 570wrhp with his at 14psi on a 331 with afr's and cam.....he's going back for another shot with more timing to see if he can break 600whp(freakin crazy)lol

I have a local budy that just put on a 2.2 on his bone stock 89(w 42's &maf),and with the 14# pulley,he put down 346whp with 440 torque.....it doesn't sound like much,but he can't wipe the smile off his face.lol When you get serious about it, let me know....I can get the compressor's and snouts at dealer rates. All you would need would be the manifolds and bracket.

Thats where i herd it from, Opcon/Autorotor it caught my eye because i love the idea of positive displacement i.e. twin screw, forget twin-screw's bastardized cousin roots style s/c. I am very interested b/c KB is a tad bit expensive and if theirs another company that makes one comparable to it for less the price than i would be interested. I'm sort of biast when it comes to centrifugal s/c and twin-screw(like the low end power). I never herd of this company until i read that post so thats what i want to learn about.
Sorry for the confusion man,......You would still need to have a set of manifolds to make it worthwhile. Like said earlier, Opcon/Autorotor is the manufactuer of all Kb compressors. But kb only chooses to use a certain handfull of displacement cases with their kits....i.e, 1.5,1.7,2.2,2.4. Autorotor also has race specific 1.8,2.0,and 2.4's that have a more aggressive profile.....which tends to overboost past their desired bar rate. I get a lot of stuff at cost,and can do group purchases also.

95fiveoh

Reaction score
yes, autoroter first got their start by building compressors to pressureize air plain cabins and kenne bell adapated them to cars and the rest is history. Autoroter makes the compressor and kenne bell puts the manafolds, snouts, bypasses etc. to make them bolt on to what the kit calls for.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online