Open Blower Hood

ui_cowboy

Reaction score
Hi, i'm new here and this is a great site. I bought a 96 GT and i'm starting to fix it up some. I was wondering if anyone has pictures of a mustang with an open blower sticking out like in old muscle cars. Also if anyone has pictures or links to a pro street looking car that would be great Thanks

ripper

Reaction score
Take a look at Truubles car. He is pro street i think. 9 sec vert.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
if your car is your DD, i would recommend not running with an open hood like that.

powerfreak

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
if your car is your DD, i would recommend not running with an open hood like that.

I agree...even if it's not a DD...it is a PIA. Yes, it looks cool...will turn lots of heads...but unless your car will be a trailer queen...not very practical. I had a 6-71 blower stickin out of my hood once...found myself way too stressed out about ever getting stuck in the rain. IMO, I'd get a tall cowl hood and stuff everything under it...but it's your call.

OH...and welcome to the site. :thumb:

voidfinger

Reaction score
i think it would look cool but the only car with these motors in it that sticks through the hood is the 5.4 2v lightning hood.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Theres a lady that has a purple mustang with the L engine in it and she had to cut the hood for it to fit and shes running with the engine sticking out. But I can't find the thread

ripper

Reaction score
Yea i remember that car fets i cant find it either.

S

scarface

DFG to save the day! You would have to carb your car to run that kind of blower any way wouldnt you?

OP
OP
U

ui_cowboy

Reaction score
Thanks Guys, i've talked to a couple guys i know and looked around more on here and decided not to go with that type of set up. It is going to be my DD for a while so i'll just leave it looking stock and work on the engine upgrades first ;) Is there a bump shifter for my 96 GT Auto? would that even help anything? thanks guys.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Bump shifter as in ratchet shifter? I got one of those, it dont really help anything but it makes the auto funner to drive, plus it looks ALOT better then the stocker

Heres mine with the old handle
DSC00657.jpg

voidfinger

Reaction score
dude i love the hammer :) i'm def. getting one.

Anyway i know i've seen that car in NC. I got to UNC charlotte and i've seen that car at one of our car shows. Smelled like raceing gas :thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online