P1SC with steeda underdrive pulleys

solis

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just bought a procharger p1sc kit and was told it's not compatible with my balancer. Has anyone ever kept the balancer with a p1sc? I was told i could switch to the tunner kit. I understand that the balancer is smaller and would produce less boost. I like the idea of doing my own fuel kit and dyno tune, so that wont be a problem.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Surely someone around here knows something! Even the guy lurking may have the answer, he just needs to do the right thing and join up and spread his knowledge wealth.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
It'll probably work. As long as it has the same amount of ribs as the rest of the system. Personally I wouldn't run it with a supercharger. One reason is belt wrap. A smaller pulley has less wrap. And the loads on the crank. Smaller pullies can't dampen as much. I'd at least go back to a stock set up.

Either way I'd go with the tuner kit. I feel it's better to get a custom tune and the other pieces you want.

OP
OP
S

solis

Reaction score
nvm guys i realized i want to stay CA legal and wont get the carb# with the tunner kit. Good thing i keept the original dampener. the car will see street/autocross duty.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You California people can have that state all to yourselves. The goofy shit y’all have to go through just to keep a car legal isn’t worth it.

But I will say this, if a guy can get his v6 mustang street legal there with a 2jz swap then I don’t see why you can get a factory motor approved just cause you added a blower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

solis

Reaction score
i think people misunderstand what can't and can be done in CA, The reason i need a Carb# is because my car has TX plates and will certainly be checked. If i had CA plates i would only need to pass smog as most places don't check for carb numbers. But After a long conversation with Procharger i understand why its on my best interest to switch back to the stock dampener. Basically i wont make any boost with the steeda damper and stock pro charger pulley, i will have to go on a trial and error journey to find the right sc pulley to make boost.

OP
OP
S

solis

Reaction score
so i received the wrong kit and decided to keep it. the tunner kit came with a 6lb pulley, i went ahead and bought 47lb FRP injectors, 90mm lighning maf, AE 340lp fuel pump and kb fuel press regulator. Im still undecided if i will stay with the steeda pulley, will a bigger pulley help? im not oposed to getting a one off pulley made, maybe i can use my car for testing purposes for people that want to stay with they steeda pulleys.

BigBore96

Reaction score
I don't have the steed but I did have my underdrive pullies on a 98 cobra with a p1sc years ago. It's really a simple solution. What amount of boost do you want? All the steed pulley will do is spin the rest of the pullies iirc less. So to get back to 6lbs you need to use a 8 or 10 lb pulley. The steed is what 15% underdrive?

The issue you'll run into is with high boost levels. It be harder to find a small enough pulley for the blower to hit higher levels with an underdrive pulley on.

This is where many people go for an overdrive crank pulley. Lament they'll overdrive the crank, use a 6lb pulley, and actually see 8 to 10 lbs.

Keep in mind this is nowhere near exact as I'm just filling you in on how it works.

So decide how much boost you want and we can help you figure out which pulley setup will get you there.

Belt slip won't be much of an issue wit low boost levels regardless of pullies.

BigBore96

Reaction score
One other question? What year is your stang? A 400lph fuel pump can be had for much less than a 340 depending on year.

OP
OP
S

solis

Reaction score
I don't have the steed but I did have my underdrive pullies on a 98 cobra with a p1sc years ago. It's really a simple solution. What amount of boost do you want? All the steed pulley will do is spin the rest of the pullies iirc less. So to get back to 6lbs you need to use a 8 or 10 lb pulley. The steed is what 15% underdrive?

The issue you'll run into is with high boost levels. It be harder to find a small enough pulley for the blower to hit higher levels with an underdrive pulley on.

This is where many people go for an overdrive crank pulley. Lament they'll overdrive the crank, use a 6lb pulley, and actually see 8 to 10 lbs.

Keep in mind this is nowhere near exact as I'm just filling you in on how it works.

So decide how much boost you want and we can help you figure out which pulley setup will get you there.

Belt slip won't be much of an issue wit low boost levels regardless of pullies.

1997 cobra, the 340 was cheap 100dlls. Im looking for 9 to 10lbs of boost.

BigBore96

Reaction score
Well. If you want to try the steeda. Put on a 12 to 14 lb pulley and see where it gets you boost wise.

400lph pumps are 75ish. If you haven't installed it let me know and I'll send u a link. Great walbro pumps.

OP
OP
S

solis

Reaction score
Well. If you want to try the steeda. Put on a 12 to 14 lb pulley and see where it gets you boost wise.

400lph pumps are 75ish. If you haven't installed it let me know and I'll send u a link. Great walbro pumps.

12 to 14 lb sounds like a good number to start, the 400lp is an inline pump right? i want to stay in tank for now.

BigBore96

Reaction score
No the 400 is an in tank. 30 seconds of work required to get it to fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online