Painted calipers ( too flashy?????)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
With that awesome use of light I can't tell with the light if they are orange or a copper color? I could not have been happier knocking down the casting marks and pits.

Did you sane the letters or use a knife? I still need to do mine but not sure I want to go silver/black or something else yet.

3561141417112170-558431854e.jpg

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
The copper looks great! This forum is a great place for ideas, thanks for sharing them.

ttocs,...AMAZING! Your eye for detail is sharp.

SnakeMedic

Reaction score
Oh wow. Yeah, it looks pretty amazing. I keep meaning to do mine, and sadly was going to settle on the overdone red. I am a sheep, I know. Even thought it is way played out, it still looks decent. Plus, I can't decide on any other color so it was kind of red by default.

This copper though... very impressive!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
idunno if your going to go through the trouble to customize/personalize the car then why not add a little creativity to it and make it an original custom? I mean a white cobra with red calipers is just too simple imo. Sure you have to put some thought into it but that was the fun for me. I started off just paying a little more attention to cars as I walked by them and took notice of metallic/non, bright/dark. Looked at a lot of color chips online but those are hard to judge really depending on your screen settings. I finally made my mind up by going to my powder shop and found a color chip liked.

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Ha. It's a copper metallic. . My skills as a photographer are lacking. .
Thanks every one.
Guess I'll do the rear...

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
Painted calipers are nice when it's just painted but the paint doesn't hold up to the road grime and brake dust. Powder coating is a better option, granted it's more expensive but it will hold up better over time. If you go the powder coated route, it helps if you use clear over the powder coat, it will keep it cleaner longer.

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Painted calipers are nice when it's just painted but the paint doesn't hold up to the road grime and brake dust. Powder coating is a better option, granted it's more expensive but it will hold up better over time. If you go the powder coated route, it helps if you use clear over the powder coat, it will keep it cleaner longer.
Eventually I will. . But I wasn't sure on what I wanted. .

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ha. It's a copper metallic. . My skills as a photographer are lacking. .
Thanks every one.
Guess I'll do the rear...

cool I was hoping it was copper as it seems like a pretty bright color and it just seemed like it would be better then orange I mean who wants that horrible shtuff unless you have a rebel flag painted on the roof of the car. I actually wanted a color a little lighter then mine and yet darker then yours but the camera really doesn't pick up the metallic in it all that well.

Have you considered doing the cobra fender badge with the same color or just filling in the darker center portion of the snake?

OP
OP
rz5.0

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
cool I was hoping it was copper as it seems like a pretty bright color and it just seemed like it would be better then orange I mean who wants that horrible shtuff unless you have a rebel flag painted on the roof of the car. I actually wanted a color a little lighter then mine and yet darker then yours but the camera really doesn't pick up the metallic in it all that well.

Have you considered doing the cobra fender badge with the same color or just filling in the darker center portion of the snake?
Its the plan but I have been putting it off. Don't feel like tapping and cutting all the detail right now. .

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I like the copper color definitely keep it.

Why all the red caliper hate? If it looks good, it looks good IMO who cares if someone else has it.

lutter94

Reaction score
These are atrocious. Idk why AmericanMuscle sells them. They lost some respect from me when I saw they pushed them. Should only find these at AutoZone next to the hood scoops, and buick port holes.......

117691d1345461143-mgp-satin-silver-brake-caliper-covers-img_0793.jpg

Tally_4.6

Reaction score

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I'm not usually a fan of painted calipers, but I think those look really good man. Good job

1bad95

Reaction score
Looks great! I like the copper!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online