painted the calipers

Peter

Reaction score
cimg1048ua4.jpg

turned out not to bad, I originally wanted to powder coat them but that fell through so I bought some paint and did them myself.

GDawg

Reaction score
Sweet! ;)

Did you buy high temp paint like Duplo-color?

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Looks very good. How'd you do the horse without getting out of the lines?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
not too bad, i have been putting off doing mine forever...one of these days i will do it. :lame:

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
probley taped it off when you use caliper paint do you need to clear it?>? im going to pick some up tomorrow when i head to the parts store

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have been saying it for months now, but I have GOT TO GET MINE DONE :-[

Looks great

S

scarface

looks great Peter, show pics installed :)

and Yes Brian, you do need to paint them. Painting mine was one of the best appearance mods Ive done.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
i picked up my caliper paint today :dancing6: i decided to go black so it dosent try and pull the focus off the chromies 8)

OP
OP
P

Peter

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
Looks Great Peter :)

thanks, and thanks again for the stickers.

I just put the horse stickers on the calipers after I painted the front ford red, the calipers came with the horse showing through the red as bare metal. If you look close you can see where the original horse was on the caliper just above the red ones head, its hardly noticeable from a foot or 2 away which is good. I just used high temp paint but I want to find a high temp clear as well.

If all goes well I might be able to get those brakes on in a few weeks. But untill then I have to paint the rears to match haha.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
yeah i did my cousions calipers for him like 2 or 3 years ago with high temp engine enamal and they are still red lol and look good kinda he dosent take too much time to detail his car lol....

i figured i would get the caliper paint and see whats so special about it besides the price tag :nonono:

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
i think im going to take mine off and redo them.. i kept them on last time and painted them with a brush.. im thinking taking them off will yield better results though.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
im leaving mine on im just going to tape stuff off and let the spray paint fly

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online