panhard rod install

MuscleInc1320

Reaction score
i just bought a MM ph rod for 94 vert. i was wondering how hard are they actually to install. i was reading the instructions and seem pretty strait forward just alot of measuring.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
It's a bit of a pain in the ass, but not what I would call particularly "difficult." Make sure you set a good amount of time aside because (in my experience) there is a lot of up-and-down and tweaking everything to get it right. Drilling the framerails can be a bit tiring too if you don't have a kickass drill bit.

OP
OP
M

MuscleInc1320

Reaction score
lol i was thinking of taking it to a shop to have it installed but idk. i have always worked on my car myself. is there any tips you guys might be able to give me before i get in over my head lol

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Do it yourself. I've learned over the years that most shops are hacks anyway.

All you need to do is read over the instructions THOROUGHLY and make sure you have everything you need before you start. Get a gameplan going, make sure you've got enough time, and have at it!

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I'm probably going to have a friend of mine do an installation. He does fabrication, and installed my SFC for a good deal, even though they were not lining up and had to be modified. I looked underneath, and it just looks like it would be a nightmare to get that thing to clear the exhaust tips.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
I like to work on my car as well but there are some things Im not comfortable with or have the tools or know how to do. I have a good friend that does out standing work who is also part owner of a shop and I have him do the work I dont do on my own.

Im going to be doing a MM Panhard bar as well this spring.

OP
OP
M

MuscleInc1320

Reaction score
yea i am gonna have this local shop price it out for me tomorrow. i mean i trust them and they mosty work on mustangs anyways

94 DropTop

Reaction score
does a panhard bar help straight light performance or should i just get an anti roll bar.

GDTrumbo

Reaction score
Installed mine myself last Jan. Took 11.5 hrs. Take your time and follow instructions closely. Get some good quality drill bits and you WILL need the plumb bobs. After it's installed, drive it for a few weeks to make sure nothing rubs and everything is OK. Then have someone weld it in place. Just a 1" weld on the outboard side of the frame rails is enough.

94 Drop Top, The kit helps mostly in the curvies but, helps the high speed stability at the same time. Car goes where you point it and the ass end always follows. It's a very nice addition.

GT

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
GDTrumbo said:
Installed mine myself last Jan. Took 11.5 hrs. Take your time and follow instructions closely. Get some good quality drill bits and you WILL need the plumb bobs. After it's installed, drive it for a few weeks to make sure nothing rubs and everything is OK. Then have someone weld it in place. Just a 1" weld on the outboard side of the frame rails is enough.

94 Drop Top, The kit helps mostly in the curvies but, helps the high speed stability at the same time. Car goes where you point it and the ass end always follows. It's a very nice addition.

GT

was that 11.5 hrs on jacks stands or a lift? Air tools or good ol wrenching?

GDTrumbo

Reaction score
On stands and a good ol wrenching. No help. Wanted to make sure it was right. No influences such as, "Aw, that'll be good enough".

GT

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
94 DropTop said:
does a panhard bar help straight light performance or should i just get an anti roll bar.

yes, it keeps your axle centered, which definately helps with straight line traction.
plus when you light em up, the car won't hardly go sideways becuase there's no axle deflection.

I did my panhard install. it takes a good amount of time but ins't to hard.
fitting and drilling the frame is the time consuming part, like Paul said.
I ended up putting some tack welds on the upper mount once I was done.

OP
OP
M

MuscleInc1320

Reaction score
well looks like i am gonna take on this project next week sometime. first i have to have my aliginment done. i just installed some MM c/c plates and H&R springs. :thumbsup: my suspension is coming together pretty nice.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
awesome let us know how it all turns out, take pictures to :thumbsup: