PI Swap Question

Discussion in '96-04 - 2V Specific' started by vertmustang98gt, Aug 4, 2014.

1. vertmustang98gt

vertmustang98gt New Member

I picked up some PI heads and intake. Now the question is should I go with aftermarket cams or not? If yes, do I go with Comp Stage 2 or blower cams? The heads already have Trickflow springs and seals rated to .600...

Here's a picture:[img width=800 height=450]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p235/MustangTeen98GT/Mobile%20Uploads/2014080295192820.jpg[/img]

I may go boosted but it'd be on stock block until issues arise, I currently have 4.10's.

I'm looking for high 12's which I'm thinking will be possible with a Comp Cam but boost (more $$$) would put me in the mid to low 12's but then I feel like I'm pushing the limit on the stock block.

Any feedback is appreciated.

2. Musturd

Musturd Legend

The stock block can handle the boost ... It's the rotating assembly that will fail ... Basically for most cams on a npi block you'll want to notch the pistons ... Just for added reassurance so that the pistons don't hit the valves

3. vertmustang98gt

vertmustang98gt New Member

If I only go with Comp Cams would you say I could hold everything else stock (thereotically) and be fine?

I have heard of the piston issue with boost added but I figured I'd address it with a whole new engine, if need be since it's not my daily.

I appreciate the advice and I'm on a budget (sorta).

4. Musturd

Musturd Legend

I'd still notch the pistons to be safe .... You can get the tool and do it urself easily