PI Swap/Smoke Issue

96vertGT

Reaction score
Alright wanting some insight on something and I'm hoping I'm posting in the correct section.

So I've got a 96 GT, and it just recently hit 127k. Minor mods..stock manifolds, UPR o/r x pipe and SLP lm1's being my exhaust. But, I'm having a smoke issue, specifically blue smoke after sitting idle at stoplights or for short amounts of time in general. I've been told it's most likely valve seals since apparently they're common to go bad on 97's and older. Does that sound right to everyone here?

If that's the case, I plan on doing a PI swap... and just wanted insight about using the original block and doing new valve seals (if that's causing the smoke) and installing the PI heads, cams and intake.

I'm learning as I go with this car, as I'm 19 and it's my first mustang that I've had for a little over a year. So sorry if things I may say seem completely untrue or something of that nature. After all that's why I'm getting you guys opinions and knowledge!

Thanks

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
so, the PI heads are new heads.... unless you're getting them used you wont need new valve seals.

You can buy them used off a newer mustang (99-2004) or you can buy them new from ford racing. OR you can get them off a newer car, but not a mustang (such as a crown victoria.)

if you get them used, you can indeed have a head-shop install new valve seals.

we have a few stickies in the 2v section about the PI swap. Take a look through those and let us know what you have questions on. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online