Pony had a rock in her hoof

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MeanGrn Gt, Jul 7, 2006.

1. MeanGrn Gt

MeanGrn Gt Well-Known Member

Yesterday morning on my way to town as i was on the highway i thought i could here a slight squeal coming from the car. First thought was belt that i had just replaced a few weeks before but i noticed it didnt change w/ the rpm, then i thought well maybe the tranny is finally going bye bye. i slowed down as i got into town and rolled the window down and it sounded like it was coming from my left rear wheel. It got really loud/annoying when i was driving into town and when i would hit the brakes it would stop all of a sudden but then if i let off it would come back. So i took it to a shop and i noticed the left rear rotor had some surface rust but i didnt figure that caused it. My mechanic came out and he looked at the rotor and i said it sounded like there was a rock stuck in the rotor. He stuck his hand in the wheel and felt the inside of the caliber and the rotor had a dip in the center of it. A damn rock got stuck between the rotor and the inside dust shield. Put a decent groove in the rotors (which were replaced not too long before i bought the car) and bent the dust shield a little bit :rant: . I have never heard of a rock getting stuck in there like that before. What are the chances of it. O well it was an easy fix at least. It sounded HORRIBLE. You could here me from miles away lol. At first i was just waiting for a wheel to fall off or something.

2. Matt94GT

Matt94GT Legend SN95 Supporter Retired Staff

Wow never heard of that before, that sucks, at least its nothing too major though and you found it fairly easily.

3. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

sucks, but its taken care of now :)

4. EThorpe

EThorpe New Member

Happens all the time, I live on a dirt/rock road :rant: even my 2002 Blazer gets them once in awhile. Sux BALLS Period!

5. MeanGrn Gt

MeanGrn Gt Well-Known Member

i live on a gravel road also (my whole life) and i nor anyone else in the family ever had it happen before. o well no big deal