Pony had a rock in her hoof

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Yesterday morning on my way to town as i was on the highway i thought i could here a slight squeal coming from the car. First thought was belt that i had just replaced a few weeks before but i noticed it didnt change w/ the rpm, then i thought well maybe the tranny is finally going bye bye. i slowed down as i got into town and rolled the window down and it sounded like it was coming from my left rear wheel. It got really loud/annoying when i was driving into town and when i would hit the brakes it would stop all of a sudden but then if i let off it would come back. So i took it to a shop and i noticed the left rear rotor had some surface rust but i didnt figure that caused it. My mechanic came out and he looked at the rotor and i said it sounded like there was a rock stuck in the rotor. He stuck his hand in the wheel and felt the inside of the caliber and the rotor had a dip in the center of it. A damn rock got stuck between the rotor and the inside dust shield. Put a decent groove in the rotors (which were replaced not too long before i bought the car) and bent the dust shield a little bit :rant: . I have never heard of a rock getting stuck in there like that before. What are the chances of it. O well it was an easy fix at least. It sounded HORRIBLE. You could here me from miles away lol. At first i was just waiting for a wheel to fall off or something.

EThorpe

Reaction score
Happens all the time, I live on a dirt/rock road :rant: even my 2002 Blazer gets them once in awhile. Sux BALLS Period!

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
i live on a gravel road also (my whole life) and i nor anyone else in the family ever had it happen before. o well no big deal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online