Portable garage recommendations?

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I figured “The Garage” is the appropriate forum for this? Anyway, I’m seriously considering getting one of those portable garage tents or whatever they’re called. Lots to choose from so I thought I’d checked in here and see if I can get some feedback both +/- and recommendations as far as brands, features, quality, durability, etc.

And as always, I appreciate everyone’s input. Thanks!!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
what exactly are you talking about I have seen portable paint booths but a portable garage tent is new to me. Are you wanting something you can set up and take down in an afternoon or are you wanting to leave it out for longer?

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
get a car port and in close the rest to easy 8x16 10x16 12x16 16x16 16x18
all kinds of choices
and it is cheaper than a steel building stronger than a wood shack
when I did mine car port was 800 hundred cost me to in close 800 hundred and a
garage door 7x16 was 400 hundred carport size 18x18
if you want pictures let me know so you have an idea of what your looking for

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I rent, soI can’t add permanent structures

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I rent, soI can’t add permanent structures
are you wanting to keep it up while your renting and take it down when you leave? When I see these tents I think they are great %98 of the time but I know both in indiana and arizona where I have lived that at least 2-3 times a year a wind storm is going to hit and when it does its going to blow the hell out of any tent and scratch the heck out of the car in it or next to it.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
are you wanting to keep it up while your renting and take it down when you leave? When I see these tents I think they are great %98 of the time but I know both in indiana and arizona where I have lived that at least 2-3 times a year a wind storm is going to hit and when it does its going to blow the hell out of any tent and scratch the heck out of the car in it or next to it.
Yes, use it while renting the house and take with whenever we go. I was thinking of sand bagging three sides to combat against bad weather, wind, etc.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Arrow Steel Carport — 20ft.L x 12ft.W, Model# CPH122007 | Northern Tool

some companies will come out to install and Anker to ground

then in close it add a door good to go

then when you want to move un anker and take it down
Rau,
I like that it’s steel, but I’m looking for something with sides and a front and back, not just a roof. I’ve seen some that are steel with full enclosure and they were a lot less $$$$
Sorry, didn’t see your anchor and enclose info. Still too pricey. And can’t imagine how much more it would be to do all that extra stuff!
I do appreciate the reply and link though...

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would advise against it. Its only a matter of time before the winds are too big and if your lucky you can get your car out before it hits and then you only have to worry about when it blows into a neighbors car/house/what ever. I have a friend out in az that keeps trying to make a temporary green house during the winter when they are not known for the monsoon storms. Each year he beefs it up a little more only to watch it be blown far far away in after a couple of months.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I think that’d piss me off pretty good if it damaged the car and/or I had to keep fixing or repairing it. Guess I’ll just leave things how they are: parked on the backside of the driveway...
32106239-E517-4B72-88B8-5A0BE9FC71C2.jpeg

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, I think that’d piss me off pretty good if it damaged the car and/or I had to keep fixing or repairing it. Guess I’ll just leave things how they are: parked on the backside of the driveway...
View attachment 10583
You know you can inclose that car port yourself and save money
If it is done by the manufacturer you will pay more

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
seeing that he is in cali, either his landlord, the HOA or both would stop that from happening.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Ya some places are strict
Thats one reason I bought land out in the middle of no where
So I can build a shop
And what ever I want to do

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member