Post A Pic Of Your Latest Purchase Thread...

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
last time I was under the car I noticed there is a spot in the oil pan for a low oil sensor. It seemed like a good idea and I knew I could wire it into holleys dash to warn so I ran a wire for it last time it was in the air. I am going to change the oil just to inspect it and will install it then. I can't say I was excited about a $32 one wire harness or a $80 sensor but I figured if I were to poke a hole in the pan some how(which is a little more possible with air ride) that I would be more than a $100 mad.
9rnpVAJ.jpg

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
0DCBEA29-1D99-48B7-9F9E-203A078804FA.jpeg
This is a representation of the Scat rotating assembly that I just scheduled for a December/January install/motor rebuild. This stroker build, along with AFR 185cc heads and Comp cam (both C.A.R.B. legal) will put me in the neighborhood of 400hp... and still pass smog! Car goes in 12/2 to FTK to have the motor pulled. L&R Engines here in SoCal comes and picks it up, rebuilds it, returns it and FTK reinstalls it! All I do is drop it off, pay for it (yikes!) and pick it up.
Can’t wait!!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 8004
This is a representation of the Scat rotating assembly that I just scheduled for a December/January install/motor rebuild. This stroker build, along with AFR 185cc heads and Comp cam (both C.A.R.B. legal) will put me in the neighborhood of 400hp... and still pass smog! Car goes in 12/2 to FTK to have the motor pulled. L&R Engines here in SoCal comes and picks it up, rebuilds it, returns it and FTK reinstalls it! All I do is drop it off, pay for it (yikes!) and pick it up.
Can’t wait!!

............it seems grasshopper has listened........... [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apsmith49921

Reaction score
Whats the new displacement going to be? 331

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
He didn’t specify the new displacement. Only referred to it as a “stroker”. But I’m guesstimating 331 or 347

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
............it seems grasshopper has listened........... [emoji6]

Evil,
Yes, Master, Grasshopper has listened!

Listened mostly to the voice of reason and understanding. I knew from the get go that I would eventually do a rebuild. Once I finally got my head wrapped around pulling the trigger AND after doing my research on such a rebuild (inc keeping it smog legal for CA), all that was left to do was talk it over with FTK, get their referral, and put it in motion.

When project completed, I will snatch the pebble from your hand! (and replace the pebble with a new dyno sheet!)

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Evil,
Yes, Master, Grasshopper has listened!

Listened mostly to the voice of reason and understanding. I knew from the get go that I would eventually do a rebuild. Once I finally got my head wrapped around pulling the trigger AND after doing my research on such a rebuild (inc keeping it smog legal for CA), all that was left to do was talk it over with FTK, get their referral, and put it in motion.

When project completed, I will snatch the pebble from your hand! (and replace the pebble with a new dyno sheet!)

I’m excited for ya dude. This is gonna be like a whole new car

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’m excited for ya dude. This is gonna be like a whole new car

I’m even considering getting a new gauge cluster. Start at 0 miles on the odometer with 0 miles on the new motor.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you might look into your local laws as rolling back the odometer tends to be frowned on by most places. It would not be an issue until it was inspected but I am willin to be cali isn't so cool about it even with a new motor.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ah, good call, ttocs. I’ll just note the mileage at the time of the rebuild.

Last edited:

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
In a lot of states if the odometer is noted to not be the original mileage then you can have them classify it as odometer exempt. This would allow you to use a new cluster but you can never state mileage when selling the car. They’ll know it’s not the actual mileage.

This varies state to state but most states do have a similar option just because they know with older cars it’s a good chance the original odometer will die.

How many 50-60’s era cars in Cali haven’t shown the actual mileage in a long time?? I’d be willing to bet a lot. Do your research and you’ll be ok. Worst that happens is they say no, but if you research the laws and do a honest exemption at your bmv then you’ll be fine and the worst that happens then is anyone you sell it to will know the mileage isn’t correct.

If you plan in n keeping this then who cares.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I’ll bite.... what’s MS spray?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads