Post A Pic Of Your Latest Purchase Thread...

Gregomatic

Reaction score
Ended up picking this thing up a few weeks backView attachment 15635

I was toying with the idea of trading my 17 gt in for a truck since it’s just been sitting. I can’t really drive it to work with my gear on and I noticed the transmission was starting to give me issues at high rpm’s. The car was just cursed. Well I took a chance and got a truck. It’s a 2020 with a coyote and 10 speed. Not gonna lie, the transmission isn’t great when driving normally, maybe it needs to learn my driving habits. Anyway, this market isn’t the best to be buying a car but it has a 7 year/100k mile warranty and was less than 40k so I don’t think I made out too bad. It’s been a blast to drive so far. It was a little sad seeing the 17 go but it would probably have broken something sooner or later.
Ya know, if you hadn't parked your Crown Vic next to the truck, I never would have realized how much it's nose mimics a New Edge. Hmmm.

Or the other way around??

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's gonna be great. Are you doing anything up front?
That’ll be next. I am currently running the Eibach Pro -Plus system but want to research what will best complement the rear MM set up. Seems a few of the MM rear components work ok with the Eibach system, but thus far I’m not overly impressed.

badass98svt

Reaction score
That’ll be next. I am currently running the Eibach Pro -Plus system but want to research what will best complement the rear MM set up. Seems a few of the MM rear components work ok with the Eibach system, but thus far I’m not overly impressed.

Your best bet is to install your goodies, and then email MM. They will figure out what spring/spring rate will work best for your current/future setup. They are always a big help and they dont seem to mind either.

07GtS197

Reaction score
If it ever feels lazy, you can do a KAM reset and it’ll firm the shifts up.

My ‘15 was the same way. Also, my buddy has a whippled version on your truck and it runs freakin 10.70’s.

:-0
It’s not even the fact that it feels lazy, it just has strange shift behavior and can slam into certain gears. Apparently these are common problems with the 10a.

I’m trying not to mod it lol but if I did I’d go all out.

Gregomatic

Reaction score
They do have that Ford designers signature for sure! I noticed even more similarities once I started comparing. They have a sleekness to them.

Had some awesome times and good memories in a friends LTD Crown Vic station wagon, I've always liked Crown Vics.

Except there was one I didn't like the back seat of...but that's another story.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I had a 95 vic aero style. Light weight car at 3600lbs for being a framed chassis car. The automatic took a dump so i converted it to a t45 5speed manual. Lots of fun.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I love the panther cars, they’re comfortable and rugged as hell. My old 09 was an ex marked car with over 205k miles on it before I sold it to a buddy. And this one has 136k miles on it. Change the oil on time and you won’t have to put any money into it.

And my 87 Grand Marquis, that thing is a tank. I once spun out in the rain and run up on a curb. It stalled out so I thought great it’s broken. I put it in park and it started right up so I pulled it off the median then drove it to work lol. It had a slightly bent rim and that’s it. I don’t even know how many miles are on it but it doesn’t smoke, make noise or burn anything. It’s just a well built car.
1F18E7B0-643E-42D4-988A-3D3EC1C81196.jpeg

I used to have an 85 LTD as well. It was a solid car but needed a lot of bodywork due to rust. It’s a shame really because the car ran great and the frame was in good shape.

Gregomatic

Reaction score
My grandma had a green 74 Ford LTD 4 dr that was huge. She drove it across the country for vacation for years before basically giving it to my uncle Everet. He used it for a few years and then it kinda 'disappeared'.

My grandma was FURIOUS when she found out he reinforced it, welded railroad rail inside the doors and turned it into a DEMOLITION DERBY car. She wouldn't speak to him for a spell.

To his credit, and a testament to that '74 Sherman, out of a slew of swinging dingdongs he was still amongst the last half dozen still banging away....

Last edited:

07GtS197

Reaction score
I’d probably cry if something were to happen to it. People literally throw these cars away just because they’re old. I saw one in a junkyard a few years ago that was garage kept. We found receipts in it from the owner for oil changes and transmission rebuild (aod…). If I were to put tires on it and refill all the fluids it would’ve driven out of there that day. I think it was an old couples car and when they passed the kids junked it. What a shame. At least sell it to someone who needs a car instead of throwing it out.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
My timing kit and my gasket kit just came in
Timing kit took forever
I'm getting pretty much everything together for my
98 4v conversion 20220331_171209.jpg20220331_171155.jpg

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Black lug nuts to match the new wheels. Took 3 days to locate them! Geez, Louise…..
F0B73146-6B8D-42F9-BC31-48F32262AED1.jpeg9D0F0AF7-7741-483E-82A8-3B31A4BBB07A.jpeg
Not sure which I like better: the all blacked-out (left) or the little bit of chrome hint lug nuts (right)?

Opinions???…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online